Director of Construction
As WinnDevelopment expands into different regions and diversifies construction projects (historic, adaptive reuse, occupied rehab projects, and new construction), we are looking for an experienced Director of Construction to successfully plan and execute construction/renovation projects for a diverse portfolio of multifamily and mixed-use assets throughout the Greater Boston area. In this role you will partner with internal and external stakeholder’s and owner’s rep(s) to ensure projects are completed masterfully on time and within budget, while achieving quality and matching the project(s) goals and objectives.
- Perform due diligence on new prospects including project walkthroughs with design team, estimating and the development of project scope
- Represent WinnDevelopment and serve as owner’s rep on active construction projects
- Manage GC selection and bidding process, including review of contracts, timelines, value engineering and contingency planning
- Oversee daily operations, end-to-end construction activities, and financial well-being of various projects
- Coordinate owner, agency and municipal hiring goals as well as the agency funding process, including plan and cost review, RFIs and environmental compliance
- Estimated time to complete projects, including all engineered drawings (MEP) structural, PUC, DPW, Utility Company, Building Department & Fire Department reviews and Permits
- Review all work and ensure compliance with plans and specifications, building codes and company standards
- Ensure quality control, quality assurances, EPA / DEP & OSHA compliance
- Mentor and develop in house personnel to ensure corrective procedure, information and / or actions needed; Motivate, direct and manage GC and subcontractors as needed
- Review and recommend improvements to both existing and proposed designs (Development & Residential)
- Thoroughly review and approve contracts, RFIs and project change order requests
- Ensure that all contractors have the required insurance, bonding, licensing etc.
- Approve all contractors’ requisitions for work complete including progress payments, mobilization, retention etc.
- 6-8 years of relevant construction management experience
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies and business acumen
- Experience reading blueprints, working with architects, engineers and design teams
- Ability to determine material and labor costs (Union & Non-Union), negotiate, and advise on staffing needs
- Working knowledge of construction design, scheduling programs, and Gantt scheduling charts
- Full working knowledge of sustainability initiatives (Energy Star, Leed, Green Buildings, Resiliency and Passive House
- Knowledge to all ancillary costs estimates, permit costs, expediting costs, Building Department, Department of Public Works, Health Departments, Fire Departments etc.
- Technical understanding of demolition, wall systems, doors, frames, hardware, glass, acoustical, civil activities, electrical, MEP and HVAC, plumbing, Fire & Life Safety Systems, sprinkler systems, aesthetics, flooring, millwork, special building features and amenities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously, anticipate needs, manage stakeholders and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including working knowledge in Excel
- Interest and ability to regularly travel to any location within the portfolio as needed
- The maintenance of a Construction Supervisor license is preferred but not required
- Famille d’emplois Development
- Boston, Massachusetts, États-Unis