DIRECTOR MARKET DEVELOPMENT
Lumos is a growing fiber service provider delivering high-speed broadband internet, Wi-Fi, digital voice, streaming TV, and other hosted communications services to residential and small business customers within Virginia, as well as in North Carolina where we are known as NorthState. We currently have an expanding network of over 5,000 routes miles of fiber with robust Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) broadband expansion plans underway to accelerate serving more homes and businesses with connectivity throughout the region. Our product offering is available to nearly 200,000 addresses and growing.
We are more than your average internet company. Our customers enjoy the fastest fiber speeds available built on a network they can truly count on – all backed by local, expert customer care teams. We know that fast, reliable Internet is what our customers need to stay connected to the things that matter. That continuous connection is our commitment to our community. Lumos and NorthState are sponsored by EQT Infrastructure, one of the most successful global private equity firms in the fiber industry space.
Telecommuter- Virginia or North Carolina
Lumos is seeking a Director, Market Development to join a growing team of employees to accommodate robust market growth opportunities for accelerating fiber broadband expansion across the region. This position will have direct responsibility for expanding Lumos’ geographic footprint across the region. The selected candidate will take the lead in expanding the physical presence of our strong market brand, working with local contacts to enter new franchise markets and pursue public private partnerships across a broad region. The role will directly engage external partners in local and state governments, form strategic alliances within industry groups, including state and regional broadband offices, actively seeking to expand our exposure in targeted markets. Specifically, this would include the following:
- Collaboratively developing and executing our expansion strategy leading to FTTP footprint growth
- Initiating, expanding and sharing external relationships, seeking franchises and public partnerships
- Influencing decision makers and key influencers in the allocation of Grants, Subsidies and Stimulus funds.
- Coordinating outreach with marketing, brand, public relations, and digital and social media
- Providing a feedback loop to continually adjust the Lumos Market Expansion Strategy
- Identifying, Creating, Coordinating and Attending local and regional meetings with government officials and public bodies to evangelize, explain and differentiate the Lumos symmetrical fiber story
- Internally communicating company-wide to reinforce the expansion strategy
- Travelling extensively across the area to build in-person relationships and attend public meetings
- Developing and using geography-focused contact relationship tools
- Using new franchises, and new public partnerships and media exposure as our leverage for driving network expansion, business development and market penetration
- You will be the ‘first-in’ individual who introduces the talent and capabilities of our team
This role will lead in the development of an extensive network of new external company relationships, particularly in geographies we do not currently serve. The Director of Market Development will identify and engage relevant contacts in each target geography and will stay engaged with key contacts while working to convert those relationships into new relationships between local partners and our executive team, the engineering and construction teams and the sales and marketing teams.
We are searching for a charismatic communicator with proven high performance serving in externally facing roles who possesses extensive experience engaging and creating new personal and corporate relationships leading to increased market presence. They will be a champion willing to personally represent our company’s brand. They will be able to articulate the depth of our internal team’s commitment to serving our communities’ broadband needs. The person will visibly demonstrate commitment to delivering our promises both externally and internally. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative with an unselfish commitment to converting their newly built relationships into working relationships across all company functions and the appropriate contacts in the new communities we will serve.
This leadership personality will be highly visible (internal and external) requiring close engagement with community leaders, partners and internal leadership, guiding and reinforcing market expansion opportunities. The successful candidate will have strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Operations as well as other key stakeholders to effectively deliver on FTTP growth business imperatives.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in leadership positions in Market Management, Marketing, Government Relations, Business Development, Sales and/or other market growth environments is required
- Extensive experience actively participating in various levels of public and governmental meetings is required
- Must have demonstrated ability to integrate business or market development experience with an understanding of rate-of-return and financial value creation, as well as franchise, partnerships, regulatory policy and process.
- Sales management background including aligning revenue growth strategies with market placement is preferred
- Previous experience in government and public relations, brand evangelism is highly desired
- Previous experience with responses to grant and subsidy programs is desired
- Expertise using software tools to share relationships across multiple teams.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated career progression beyond account ownership and will have experience coordinating and driving multi-faceted relationship-building, enveloping new contacts with purposeful engagement across multiple departments.
- Successful management, entrepreneurial start-up or new-market expansion experience, preferably in a fiber, cable, and/or broadband related utility and service industries.
- Demonstrated comfort level communicating and simplifying technical and operational industry terms
- Strong presentation, communications, and interpersonal skills interacting at all levels internal and external to company, including social and mental agility, willingness to respond to questions without extensive preparation.
- Willingness to act independently and to create, develop or improvise needed materials, collateral and events
- Comfortable with public and media exposure and ability to respond mindfully in challenging situations
Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Caroline du Nord, États-Unis
- Charlotte, Caroline du Nord, États-Unis
- Charlottesville, Virginie, États-Unis
- Richmond, Virginie, États-Unis
- Winston-Salem, Caroline du Nord, États-Unis