Director of Human Resources - Regional Manufacturing
Responsible for the management of Human Resources for manufacturing plants in the southern region, based in either the Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA region. Areas of HR responsibilities include associate and/or labor relations, recruitment, training and HR legal and regulatory compliance. Provides guidance, coaching and direction to plant management based on company policies and procedures, and partners with management on business initiatives and execution of strategies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to management and local HR representatives, and ensure consistency with the execution of HR policies, programs and procedures within assigned region.
- Oversee daily work of HR representatives at each manufacturing plant within assigned area.
- Work with management and/or corporate human resources department to ensure effective communication, implementation and/or administration of HR programs and policies to include, but not limited to, performance management, benefits programs (i.e., open enrollment, leave of absence and return to work programs, wellness programs, etc.) department structure and associate changes (i.e., promotions, demotions, transfers), etc.
- Investigate and recommend action to be taken, and participate in claims hearings as necessary, regarding unemployment compensation claims, workers compensation claims and Equal Employment Opportunity claims.
- Provide leadership to plant management and local HR support to proactively address issues and concerns and drive company culture.
- Develop and recommend recruitment objectives and plans within assigned area; oversee the recruitment process and ensure accurate and timely maintenance of required compliance files, department policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations, industry trends and best practices in Human Resources; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes and to ensure company legal compliance.
- Provide guidance on HR-related regulations and ensure compliance with HR related legal and regulatory requirements such as EEOC, AAP, OFCCP, SOX, etc. as well as internal Human Resource policy and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration or comparable discipline required.
- Minimum of ten years Human Resources generalist experience, four of which must have been in a responsible management or supervisory capacity.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience with recruitment at all levels, on-boarding, pay administration, policy interpretation and employee relations required.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with associates at all levels, including proven managerial/supervisory abilities.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with operations team required. Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws required.
Position requires light travel (approx. 10-20%).
- Famille d’emplois Human Resources
- Fonction professionnelle Human Resources
- Type de paie Salaire
- Déplacement requis Oui
- Pourcentage de déplacements 10
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Atlanta, Géorgie, États-Unis
- Dallas, Texas, États-Unis