Rigger – Contingent
SUMMARY: VSE Corporation is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer Master Rigger to serve as a Subject Matter Expert on all facets of rigging, leading the Ship Repair Team’s (SRT) Rigging Shop and to assist in-country planning team with surveying, estimating, and making recommendation on moving, hoisting and lifting methods and procedures. This is a Contingent requirement.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair onboard US Navy vessels.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be required to provide consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
- Directly supervise, mentor, and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel in performing all facets of rigging services associated with ship construction and repair.
- Assign work, evaluate performance, identify training needs; resolve issues and conflicts if/when they arise.
- Utilize technical manuals and blueprints to identify lifting points and load distribution requirements.
- Provide instruction in safety procedures and protocols and enforce all safety rules.
- Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Prepare detailed and technically accurate written reports.
- Maintain shop schedules.
- Dry-dock experience is a plus.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of Marine or Navy experience performing rigging services on marine vessels.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices and safety procedures.
- Lead Rigger experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train, and mentor foreign nationals.
- Ability to read blueprints and technical documents.
- Knowledge of Q.A. and ISO procedures and abide by all safety rules.
- Tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Ability to engage in frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers.
- Must be able to work independently without support, frequently having to accomplish repairs and overhauls by himself.
- Must be able to work in Egypt for at least one (1) year and be willing to consider staying longer, if offered.
- Must be able to obtain special building or installation access as well as a country clearance.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Certified Master Rigger
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- Have previous FMS experience
- Must be willing to travel overseas and work with Foreign Navies
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Función del puesto Maintenance Worker, Machinery
- Tipo de pago Por hora