Nursing - SACC Resident Service Technician
The primary purpose of your job is to support the work of the Certified Nursing Assistant by carrying out basic tasks that do not require direct resident contact or experience with caregiving. These tasks are those that can be taught in a classroom setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position (signified by an asterisk). However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Answers all Residents call lights within appropriate time frame.
· Takes care of Resident's clothing, checks for name tags, places soiled clothing in proper receptacle.
· Changes linen as needed.
· Reports any change in Resident's condition or behavior to Nurse Leaders.
· Reports incidents/accidents to Nurse Leaders.
· Reports suspected abuse/neglect to Nurse Leaders.
· Assists with admissions, transfers and discharge of Residents.
· Assists with orienting new Residents and family members to floor routine.
· Gives motivation and encouragement to Residents.
· Participates in Team conferences and change of shift reports.
· Maintains confidentiality of all Resident care information.
· Follows infection control procedures and isolation techniques as directed.
· Keeps work areas clean, tidy, clear and safe.
· Responsible for assigned fire duties and various emergency procedures.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings and unit operation issues.
· Participates in staff development programs on and off unit.
· Responsible for completing required annual mandatories and annual health assessments.
· Participates in Residents plan of care.
· Promotes independence of Resident in decision making.
· Performs other duties as assigned by professional staff.
· Washes residents’ hands and face as needed.
· Answers the telephone and takes messages as appropriate.
· Relays messages to the appropriate staff
· Can perform other duties as assigned by Nurse Leader
- High School Diploma, GED, or High School student
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: None
The employee is required to ensure personal safety, monitor work environment and make necessary improvements while ensuring the safety of others to include, adhering to regulations set by OSHA, DOH, and facility regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc. Tasks involved in this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information
I have read this position description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of Resident Services Technician and agree to perform the identified essential functions in a safe manner and in accordance with the facility’s established procedures. I understand that as a result of my employment, I may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants (including tobacco smoke), and hazardous chemicals and that the facility will provide to me instructions on how to prevent and control such exposures. I further understand that I may also be exposed to the Hepatitis B Virus and that the facility will make available to me, free of charge, the hepatitis B vaccination.
I understand that my employment is at-will and thereby my employment can be terminated at-will either by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice. However, in the event that I chose to resign my position, I will give notice a minimum two week notice.
Date Employee Signature
Date Nurse Manager
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Nivel de formación requerido Escuela secundaria