Title: Associate Manager
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Associate Manager contributes to Au Bon Pain’s success by ensuring our ‘Guest First’ service and café standards are met. The Associate Manager assists the General Manager with daily operating procedures, such as maintaining café operations, ensuring product quality, maximizing financial contributions, and supervising the development of the Shift Supervisors and hourly café team members.
Key Position Responsibilities
· Assists in providing leadership in the café by ensuring adherence to all Au Bon Pain guidelines and standards and by creating an environment that promotes team work and a guest-first philosophy during assigned shift.
· Assists in meeting the café financial objectives by analyzing variances, controlling labor, food cost and other financial controls. Maintains the integrity of the safe, cash drawers and deposits during assigned shift and notifies the General Manager of any anomalies with the cash. Ensures the adherence to the Au Bon Pain cash handling policy by all crew members on assigned shift.
· Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and development of qualified Shift Supervisors and hourly team members to maintain hospitality standards; performs performance counseling when necessary. Ensures the proper deployment of labor for all shifts to adhere to the café labor budgets. Directs and coaches the crew during assigned shift to ensure effective communication of standards.
· Maintains proper sanitation and cleanliness standards during assigned shift and ensures all team members are properly performing cleaning, sanitation and food safety routines; participates in audits by the Board of Health or other agencies as required.
· Assists with maintaining the integrity of the food cost management system; ensures the accuracy of all production entries during assigned shift and participates in conducting the end of the week inventory.
· Ensures that the Au Bon Pain guest-first philosophy is practiced by every team member during assigned shift; responds to guest needs and coaches and directs team to perform their duties to exceed guest expectations. Assists in working stations during peak periods to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Performs all functions of the General Manager in his/her absence.
· A BA/BS degree is strongly preferred; a combination of practical experience and/or education will be considered as an alternative.
· A minimum of one year experience in a restaurant concept, preferably in a fast casual or full service environment is required with experience in leading or directing teams as an assistant manager or shift supervisor.
· Must be ServSafe certified, or will become certified within the first 90 days of employment.
· Must have had exposure to all dimensions of restaurant functions and have strong computer skills.
· Ability to maintain stationary position (e.g. standing) for extended periods of time – constantly
· Ability to move around the café to attend needs of customers and staff – constantly
· Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds – frequently
· Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 50 pounds from floor to shelves and to cabinets above and below counter height – frequently
· Ability to shift position in multiple directions and orientations to work all stations on the food preparation line (e.g. bending and twisting) – frequently
· Ability to position self to reach items under counter height – frequently
· Ability to tolerate exposure to commercial cleaning solvents – frequently
Key Behavioral Competencies
The Associate Manager provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
· Clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge, and level of proficiency by seeking and giving information and checking for understanding.
· Provides instruction, positive models, and opportunities for observation in order to help others develop skills; encourages questions to ensure understanding.
· Gives timely, appropriate feedback on performance; reinforces efforts and progress.
· Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions (enhances self-esteem, empathizes, involves, discloses, supports).
The Associate Manager clearly conveying information and ideas through oral or written media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence; clearly expresses ideas and concepts; presents information and conclusions in an understandable format.
· Frames message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience.
· Seeks input from audience; checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding.
· Uses appropriate structure, grammar, and language
· Attends to messages from others; correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately.
· Knows that listening is an essential component of good communication.
The Associate Manager allocates appropriate decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to others in order to maximize both organizational and individual effectiveness.
· Clearly communicates the parameters of the delegated responsibility, including decision-making authority and any required actions, constraints, or deadlines.
· Avoids micro-management, but provides assistance or coaching as needed; expresses confidence in the individual.
· Establishes appropriate procedures to keep him/her informed of issues and results in areas of shared responsibility.
Drive for Results
The Associate Manager indicates through actions and decisions a sense of importance to get the job done; focuses on the most important things; demonstrates an impatience with obstacles and lack of movement; takes actions to overcome obstacles and seek solutions.
· Knows what is important to the success of the organization.
· Works to achieve goals in spite of barriers or difficulties; actively works to overcome obstacles by changing strategies, doubling efforts, using multiple approaches, etc.
· When appropriate, displays a very high level of energy in meeting deadlines and targets.
· Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of productivity; raises performance bar for self and team.
· Provides encouragement and support to others in accepting responsibility; does not accept others’ denial of responsibility without questioning.
The Associate Manager monitors the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
· Builds due dates into assignments and task delegations; effectively communicates milestones and expected results.
· Asks questions to obtain relevant information; convenes meetings to review progress and share information; gets feedback on results from those directly involved.
· Meets formally with peers, associates, and others to review the results of an assignment, project, or delegated task.
Guest and Employee Focus
The Associate Manager fully recognizes that Au Bon Pain’s guests and their needs are the primary drivers of their actions. They (and their hourly team members) fully engage guests and develop and sustain productive and lasting guest relationships. The Associate Manager translates and monitors the inclusion of ABP’s values into the day-to-day activities and behaviors of all hourly team members.
· Actively seeks to understand the expectations and needs of both guests and employees.
· Builds rapport employees and shares relevant information in a timely fashion.
· Considers how the employee’s actions may affect guests; responds quickly to meet guest’s needs and resolve any guest service problems and/or issues.
The Associate Manager Identifies what needs to be done and does it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
· Responds quickly and takes immediate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation.
· Takes independent action by implementing new ideas or potential solutions without prompting; does not wait for others to take action or to request action.
· Takes action that goes beyond job requirements in order to ensure “Guest First’ service and achieve overall café objectives.
· Empowers hourly team members to take initiative in resolving any guest problems or issues.
Teaming and Collaboration
The Associate Manager provides leadership and ensures hourly team member collaboration.
· Works effectively with different groups of people, including people from diverse cultures.
· Helps the team to create and execute their café specific vision for the consistent delivery of ‘Guest First Service’. Drives consensus around team member’s accountabilities as they pertain to ‘Guest First Service’.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Bellevue Hospital, 462 First Ave, New York, Nueva York, Estados Unidos de América