Join the DFCU Financial team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities from one of Michigan’s largest and best managed credit unions.
The Opportunity: DFCU Financial is seeking a full time Financial Analyst to join our team. In this role, the Financial Analyst will develop and maintain general ledger and management accounting systems, controls and practices. Create and provide reports and other performance measurement data as determined by management.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain management accounting system, including develop methodologies for cost assignments and allocations.
- Produce organizational, product, branch, and member profitability reports.
- Develop and apply costs and cost allocations.
- Create general ledger and profit vision reports.
- Produce internal management reports.
- Coordinate budget and forecasting process.
- Perform financial analysis on operations to measure performance.
- Assist with automated process for data collection.
- Assist with updating transfer pricing rates.
- Assist with benchmarking studies.
- Assist with general accounting activities.
- Special projects, as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two years management or financial reporting experience.
- Demonstrated general ledger maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated cost allocation experience.
- Computer proficient, especially with Excel, Access, and databases.
- Consistent positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude.
- Ability to verbally communicate appropriately with others, and appropriately respond to a supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication.
- 401k plan match, dollar for dollar up to 4%
- 401k additional employer contribution after one year at 5%
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Wellness initiatives and reimbursements
- Pre-paid legal services plan
- Identity protection plan
- Accident supplemental plan
- Short & long term disability plans paid for by company
- Company provided basic life insurance of $50,000 plus supplemental for employee, spouse and child
- Free financial planning assistance
- Numerous fun employee events throughout the year
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Discounts with local and national companies through DFCU Perks
- New employee breakfast with the President
- Service / anniversary awards
- New employee discounts for company logo wear
- Recognition and awards for outstanding team and individual performance (branch and member service center employees)
- Gain share / bonus program
- Employee referral payouts for recruiting your friends and family
- Paid lunch time
- Cash incentives for obtaining performance goals
- Tuition reimbursement / Education assistance
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Leadership development program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (~10 per year)
- Flexible scheduling for students
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disabled / Veterans
- Pay Type Salary
- 400 Town Center Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA