Part Time - Member Service Agent
Join the DFCU Financial team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities from one of Michigan’s largest and best managed credit unions.
The Opportunity: Our Member Service Center is looking for Part Time Member Service Agents to join their team! In this role, the Member Service Agent will provide friendly, efficient response to member inquiries via phone, mail, e-mail or fax, in an inbound call center environment. Use various computer applications to input, interpret, and research financial information. Promote our products and services enthusiastically to each member and work well in a competitive environment.
Special Working Conditions:
- Attend 8 - 10 weeks of paid training in Dearborn.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide superior friendly phone service in an inbound call center to enhance the relationship with existing and potential members.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-volume, dynamic learning environment.
- Acquire and maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to provide efficient service and to mitigate fraud or loss to the credit union.
- Communicate and proactively offer additional products and services to members; Meet monthly sales goals.
- Provide solutions based, accurate service, including inquiries, financial transactions, loss mitigation.
- Provide solutions to ID theft, fraud, and loss situations while remaining calm and empathetic.
- Maintain quality standards in all aspects of work.
- Comply with all credit union policies and procedures, including security.
- Perform end of day transaction review and/or balancing.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service or sales experience.
- Ability to quickly learn and maintain knowledge on a wide variety of products and services.
- Articulate phone skills, including excellent listening skills.
- Ability to successfully apply sales techniques.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Effective writing skills and basic math skills.
- Ability to function as a team player, with ability to verbally communicate appropriately with others, and appropriately respond to a supervisor.
- Consistent positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude.
- 401k plan match, dollar for dollar up to 4%
- 401k additional employer contribution after one year at 5%
- Vision insurance
- Wellness initiatives and reimbursements
- Pre-paid legal services plan
- Identity protection plan
- Accident supplemental plan
- Free financial planning assistance
- Numerous fun employee events throughout the year
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Discounts with local and national companies through DFCU Perks
- New employee breakfast with the President
- Service / anniversary awards
- New employee discounts for company logo wear
- Recognition and awards for outstanding team and individual performance (branch and member service center employees)
- Gain share / bonus program
- Employee referral payouts for recruiting your friends and family
- Part time benefit supplement pay
- Paid lunch time
- Cash incentives for obtaining performance goals
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Leadership development program
- Flexible scheduling for students
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disabled / Veterans
- Pay Type Hourly
- 225 Briarwood Cir, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
- 400 Town Center Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA