VP, Commercial Loan Officer
Join the DFCU Financial team today, and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities from one of Michigan’s largest and best managed credit unions.
The Opportunity: DFCU Financial is seeking a VP, Commercial Loan Officer to join our Commercial Banking team. This role is responsible for business development, relationship management and member experience of companies with annual gross sales up to $50M. Serve as a trusted advisor for businesses; collaborate with a team of retail banking partners. Through such collaboration, develop revenue growth by providing needs-based solutions and services to new and existing members. Services include loans, deposits, treasury management, and other applicable banking services.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop qualified client prospects in defined segment by identifying and utilizing referral sources, existing clients and centers of influence.
- Actively participate in community and specific industry forums, conferences and meetings in order to broaden relationship networks, referral sources and continually deepen knowledge of trends, practices, services and the competitive landscape.
- Partner with Credit Managers and Credit Analysts on credit requests and adhere to established guidelines.
- Achieve credit standards in regard to asset quality, credit administration (matured/renewals, financial statement documents, covenant data integrity, matured notes and document exception).
- Monitor, on an ongoing basis, information concerning customer financial performance, condition, and industry trends to determine that any credit exposure is at an acceptable risk, and priced accordingly.
- Effectively retain and grow long-term, profitable, member relationships.
- Cross-sell all applicable products and services to an existing portfolio of business customers and their owners/senior management.
- Responsible for planning and conducting relationship strategy and relationship review meetings.
- Coordinate all client-facing activities including Business Seminars, Chamber relationships, etc.
- Conduct thorough effective pre-call planning and prompt post call follow up.
- Recommend process and procedure improvements to enhance the safety and soundness of commercial banking.
- Attend community networking events, as required.
- Work occasional Saturday hours or extended weekday hours, as required.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field.
- Five years lending or sales experience in the financial services industry.
- Three - five years commercial lending experience.
- Demonstrated high performance in sales goal attainment.
- Demonstrated community involvement.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication.
- 401k plan match, dollar for dollar up to 4%
- 401k additional employer contribution after one year at 5%
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Wellness initiatives and reimbursements
- Pre-paid legal services plan
- Identity protection plan
- Accident supplemental plan
- Short & long term disability plans paid for by company
- Company provided basic life insurance of $50,000 plus supplemental for employee, spouse and child
- Free financial planning assistance
- Numerous fun employee events throughout the year
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Discounts with local and national companies through DFCU Perks
- New employee breakfast with the President
- Service / anniversary awards
- New employee discounts for company logo wear
- Recognition and awards for outstanding team and individual performance (branch and member service center employees)
- Gain share / bonus program
- Employee referral payouts for recruiting your friends and family
- Paid lunch time
- Cash incentives for obtaining performance goals
- Tuition reimbursement / Education assistance
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Leadership development program
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (~10 per year)
- Flexible scheduling for students
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disabled / Veterans
- Pay Type Salary
- 400 Town Center Dr, Dearborn, MI 48126, USA