We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join our Avalign team in our Fort Wayne, IN location.
What You’ll Do:
The Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for providing day-to-day support for two 200+ manufacturing sites within Avalign. This position will provide on-site support for two locations (Warsaw, IN and Fort Wayne, IN). This will include staffing, employee relations, system maintenance, administering pay, training, leaves of absences, benefits, assist in implementing HR programs and policies that drive productivity and engagement.
Duties/Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Be a creditable, trusted coach and confidante to all levels within the sites - comfortable spending time on the manufacturing floor.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, culture, and increase productivity and retention.
- Participates in routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
- Assists with recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers. Reconciles vendor and benefit carrier invoices against payroll. Facilitates annual benefits open enrollment and assists employees with processing life events.
- Processes multi-location weekly and bi-weekly payroll in Ceridian Dayforce and responds to employee questions regarding timesheets and payroll.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, as needed.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who you are:
- Excellent with verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (Ceridian Dayforce) will be a plus
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of one year of human experience required.
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus.
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background check that includes drug testing
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA