CNC Swiss Machinist-2nd shift-Sign On Bonus!
Avalign is seeking an experienced Swiss Machinist for 2nd shift at our Fort Wayne, IN location.
What You’ll Do:
Perform all set-up and operational functions of CNC Swiss style lathe machines required to fabricate all medical instruments and implants, deburring of parts using hand tools, deburr
wheels, etc., inspection of parts using micrometers, calipers, height stands,
comparators, Keyence, CMM, etc.
- Main concentration of this position is to set up Swiss Machines
- Troubleshoot all aspects of set ups and document for future programming needs.
- Ability to Operate, and maintain CNC Swiss style lathe machines, finish machines, hand tools, and fixtures.
- Read and interpret blue prints, inspection check-sheets and instructions.
- Use basic inspection tools, such as calipers, micrometers, height stands, comparators, etc.
- Burr removal on all parts where required.
- Make machine adjustments, tool changes, etc. as required.
- Interface with Visual Labor Entry system and monitor work orders.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the supervisor.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who you are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- A reliable worker who knows the importance of showing up when it counts
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to set up Swiss Machines
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience preferred
- Self-starter and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA