Sustaining Manufacturing Engineer
Avalign is seeking an experienced Sustaining Manufacturing Engineer at our Fort Wayne, IN location.
What You’ll Do:
Hands on leader/mentor of Lean Manufacturing techniques with a focus on eliminating waste from the manufacturing processes. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Maximizes efficiencies by analyzing equipment layouts, workspace, assembly methods and workforce utilization to achieve manufacturing goals and initiatives. Investigate and analyze a wide variety of manufacturing processes to increase efficiencies and reduce scrap. Researches and evaluates equipment manufacturers to find ways to improve product quality, reduce manufacturing lead times, and improve process efficiencies.
- Works closely with mfg. supervisors, process engineers, purchasing and quality assurance to identify areas of improvement and develop and execute plans of improvement.
- Lead the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques to increase operational efficiencies, reduce scrap and improve financial performance.
- Utilizing metals mfg. background and broad level of experiences evaluate and implement new techniques into the mfg. process. This will entail evaluating new equipment manufacturers, new metal cutting techniques and general mfg. efficiency improvements.
- Influence site leadership to move from the status quo to a new way of working that will result in quality improvements and mfg. efficiencies.
- Individual will utilize existing mfg. reports and analyze the data to design new projects that will favorably impact site performance.
- Utilizing Lean Mfg. expertise re-layout equipment to cellular layout resulting in product flow improvement, quality improvement and reducing product mfg. cycle time.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer great opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who you are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- A reliable worker who knows the importance of showing up when it counts
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
What You Will Need:
- 4 Year Engineering or Technical Degree
- 5 plus years Mfg. Experience, Medical Orthopedic background preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred, but not required.
- Extensive project management experience with demonstrated capital project recommendations and cost reduction initiatives. Implementation of Lean Manufacturing practices required.
Avalign conducts a comprehensive background check that includes drug testing
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA