Membership Director - Full Time
With more than 80,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Membership Director
Branch: Brandywine YMCA
Location: Coatesville, PA
Shifts/Availability: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $42,000 - $47,500
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Membership Director leads the Membership team in their efforts to exceed revenue, meet expense targets and provide an exceptional member experience. The Membership Director will lead the development, and evaluation of various Membership programs to ensure sales growth. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Additional responsibilities include hiring, payroll functionality, and training of staff and volunteers, budget management, and adhering to all regulatory and Association standards. Provides liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s) and takes a leadership role in mission advancement activities.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Develops, implements and leads all sales and sales training.
- Responsible for sales budget and ensuring sales growth strategies are implemented.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances
- Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity; onboards and develops them for success.
- Models effective listening skills when interacting with staff, members and volunteers. Ensures that staff have opportunities to develop their own listening skills.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Assists with annual campaign activities.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years of YMCA experience-related experience within another organization preferred
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Three years of supervisory experience required
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff required
- Preferred knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations required
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Obtain and maintain all new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free YMCA family membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. Program discounts on YMCA of Greater Brandywine programs, camps, childcare, and continuing education classes at Immaculata University. Up to four free hours of per day.
- Pay Type Salary
- 295 Hurley Rd, Coatesville, PA 19320, USA