Leader, Evaluation, Measurement & Verification
Energetics is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with over 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges from inception to deployment and beyond. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, strategic outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management for technology deployment. We apply these services across multiple areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and energy management, manufacturing technologies, renewable energy and hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience and sustainability, critical infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California.
We provide expert consulting support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients in the U.S., including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Energetics is seeking an Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification leader who will be responsible for evaluating, measuring, and verifying utility energy efficiency and transportation electrification programs. He/she will lead development of evaluation plans for specific sector approaches, including market, process, and impact evaluations. This will include selecting appropriate data collection instruments and methodologies, and development of appropriate sampling plans for interviews, surveys, and site visits as part of utility program evaluations. He/she will also be responsible for day-to-day management and execution of the program evaluation activities including analysis, documentation, and reporting. The candidate must be familiar with CA Energy Efficiency Evaluation Protocols, CA Standard Practice Manual, CA Evaluation Framework, and the Department of Energy’s Uniform Methods Project. Familiarity with or interest in transportation electrification is highly desirable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluations and Studies: Fulfill all aspects of the design, administration and implementation of evaluation and study projects.
- Leads the internal evaluations and assessments of program performance.
- Prepares and presents evaluation and study findings.
- Integrates evaluations and results into required documents such as Technical Reference Manuals, Annual Reports, and other documents.
- Leads relevant tasks required such as impartial third-party evaluations for utility programs.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for programs and system specifications.
- Works directly with Program Director to market and position company for future EM&V opportunities.
- Conveys information to the team and monitor development.
- Develop in-depth understanding of a government agency's business requirements, along with the current technical environment; accurately assess and make recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business, economics, public policy, or related field.
- Must have at least 10 years of relevant experience in utility or energy industry.
- 8 years of relevant experience in the evaluation of utility programs plus a relevant master’s degree will be considered.
- Excellent understanding of energy efficiency utility programs and the evaluation techniques needed to assess them.
- Deep knowledge of energy efficiency measures and technology.
- Experience with programs promoting Energy Efficiency, Demand Side Management, and Demand Response.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written).
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to excel working on self-managed tasks.
- Ability to work within a diverse team with remote team members.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Comfortable in multitasking on time-sensitive tasks.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Experience with transportation electrification and distributed energy resource technologies or program evaluations.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform statistical data analysis.
- Proficiency in database management including managing large volumes of data and developing framework for databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and Power BI skills.
- Demonstrated experience in program and project management.
- Strong interest in the energy and transportation
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- San Diego, CA, USA