Radar Technician/SME - Contingent
SUMMARY:VSE Corporation is seeking for a Field Service Engineer - Radar Technician / Subject Matter Expert to be part of our Egypt In-Country team.
Applicant must have Subject Matter Expert level of knowledge of various U.S. Navy radar systems.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items that are applicable to shipyard production, ship maintenance and ship repair.
This is an unaccompanied billet, but the successful applicant can have family member/dependents with them at the successful applicant’s own expense.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful applicant will be required to provide maintenance/troubleshooting/repair for various radar systems onboard military vessels owned by the Egyptian Navy. Additional duties include providing consulting oversight and On-the job (OJT) training to workforce of Egyptian Nationals during the execution of ship availabilities for various ship platforms as required and directed by in-country VSE management.
- As the SME / Radar Technician, you will be expected to work under limited supervision, have strong problem-solving skills, interpret schematics, use manufacturer’s manuals, and use your knowledge of electronic circuit theory to troubleshoot systems.
- Conduct Material condition Assessment (MCA), repair and maintain primarily SPS-49 and SPS-55 radars, consoles and associated ancillary equipment. As the Egyptian Navy modernizes their fleet, the range of systems will expand according.
- Provide a detailed report on findings, required repair parts and recommendations.
- Inspects and tests electronic equipment, components, and assemblies using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, and other electronic test instruments, tools, and equipment.
- Provide training to the shipboard crews on the operation and maintenance on the radars, consoles and associated ancillary equipment.
- Dependable/reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule including extended hours.
- Must have knowledge of intermediate and depot level repair procedures, repair and maintenance standards, quality assurance specifications, and proper use of IMA industrial machinery.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools, precision measurement tools and possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience supporting the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of U.S. Navy Radar Systems.
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation with ability to create and maintain various reports and spreadsheets as required.
- Must be able to interpret vessels blueprints and ship drawings along with research of ships systems manuals to identify problems as they arise.
- Bachelor Degree with 10 years applicable experience or High School Diploma/GED Certificate with 15 years applicable experience.
- Applicant must have a current passport with at least 2 years prior to expiration after arrival in Egypt.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- US Navy A and C school for electronics/radar systems graduate
- Retired NAVY/USCG Chief Petty Officer.
- Should have prior shipyard maintenance experience or a working knowledge of expectations and safety protocols related to a shipyard environment.
- Have experience working in an Arab country for long periods of time.
- As an In-Country-Team member the successful applicant is expected to maintain a good working relationship with Egyptian Navy counterparts in a dynamic work environment.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Must be able to obtain a Country Clearance and Base Pass authorization.
- A secret security clearance is recommended but not required.
- Successful applicant will be forward deployed in Alexandria Egypt and work as part of a In Country Technical Assistance Team (ICTAT).
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Aircraft Mechanic and Service Technician
- Pay Type Salary