SUMMARY: The Subcontracts Supervisor will be responsible for supervision and oversight of VSE’s Subcontract Administrators. This position reports directly to the VSE Procurement Manager. This individual will help grow an expanding business and have responsibilities from the time when subcontract opportunities are identified until they are delivered and invoiced to the customer. Additionally, the Supervisor will support the Procurement Manager in compliance with VSE’s Certified Purchasing System in accordance with VSE’s procurement policies and procedures. The appropriate candidate will be able to work well within a team environment and take on duties as required on a daily basis as defined below.
Location: Alexandria, VA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to the VSE Procurement Manager
- Responsible for the direct supervision of VSE's Subcontract Administration team to include adherence to VSE Procurement Policies and Procedures and CPSR requirements.
- Contributes to creation and modification of VSE's Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Responsibilities include solicitation, negotiations and formation of large subcontracts and procurements under multiple type pricing arrangements (CPFF, T&M, and FFP).
- Must be willing to work independently with little supervision but will report to the Purchasing Manager. Provide guidance and training to staff in the procurement protocols and procedures established within the Subcontracts and Purchasing Department.
- Must be able to develop subcontract agreements with appropriate terms, conditions, and clauses in compliance with the prime contract and federal and DOD required regulations.
- Must be able to handle Task/Delivery-Funding documents and Purchase Orders under subcontract agreements (as delivery orders).
- The candidate must be fully knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR), Contract Law, and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Knowledge in all types of sophisticated procurements, from labor hour direct charge, equipment leases, Software Licensing, and construction contracts to consulting and teaming agreements.
- Must have experience in preparing Request for Consent to subcontract in accordance with FAR requirement.
- Prepare procurement files that are compliant in accordance with FAR 44.3.
- Must be familiar with compliance of DCMA Contractor Purchasing System Review(CPSR).
- Provide guidance and training on procurement policy and procedure. Assist in creating and implementing processes and policy as needed.
- HS Diploma and 15 years of Procurement/SubK Experience or College Degree and 10 years of Procurement/SubK experience and Personnel Supervisory experience.
- Experience operating across multiple locations and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with internal & external customers at all levels of the organization
- Plan, organize, and perform work ensuring assigned duties meet required deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be organized with ability to adequately plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects
- Role model for open and honest communications as well as demonstrated trust and respect for peers and teammates
- Experience operating within and maintaining and Approved Certified Purchasing System (direct experience with a CPSR audit a plus)
- Maintaining compliant procurement files to meet VSE policy and procedures and according to CPSR requirements.
- Ability to collaborate and operate effectively independently and with a virtual team
- Sound problem solving and critical thinking skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with internal and external customers
- Sense of ownership and urgency
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Procurement
- Pay Type Salary
- Alexandria, VA, USA