Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all employees are working in a safe, efficient manner. Coaching and mentoring of associates in a dynamic, fast-pace environment. We are seeking a driven, high energy and hardworking individual to fill this position in our Cortland, NY location.
· Full understanding of Filling and Packaging technology and the capability effectively identify issues, conduct appropriate root cause analysis, and implement appropriate corrective actions.
· Effective Process and equipment Analysis of downtime and efficiency performance.
· Ownership of production line performance and maintain/update of visual data/controls.
· Communicate process/equipment delays to appropriate levels of management as well as subsequent shifts.
· Work with other production employees to improve line performance (uptime and efficiency)
· Always reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures.
· Plan and schedule tasks; provide leadership and motivation to the team.
· Approve time and attendance; obtain overtime authorizations.
· Train new team members: ensure team members are following business practices.
· Drive Lean Initiative for your area of responsibility which includes Performance Boards, Metrics Updating, Huddles, 5s, and process improvement on lines.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of Manufacturing Environment experience as a supervisor preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Leadership: positive attitude with ability to motivate a team.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office
· Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Pay Type Salary
- 106 Central Ave, Cortland, NY 13045, USA