Voyant Beauty is seeking to add an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join our team in the Elkhart IN location. This position will oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing goods, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff, and securing the warehouse
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
· Ultimate leadership responsibility for the ^shipping department Chemical, Component, and Finished Goods Warehouses.
· Supervision and evaluation of group associates including ^PIT operators, material handlers and clerical staff Material Handlers, Receiving/ Shipping associates.
· Schedule employees to support ^daily shipping activity and all other responsibilities which accompany this role production and compounding requirements based on workload.
· Ensure that work effort, which has been scheduled, is accomplished on time and consistent with quality requirements.
· Directs all distribution and logistics activities including managing labor costs, productivity, inventory levels and ensures the accuracy timeliness of all transactions processed in our ERP system.
· Responsible for overseeing the recycling and the removal of all types of waste.
· Trains, implement, and drives departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Ensure that all Production and Compound kits are delivered timely so that there are no delays in production.
· Responsible for final disposition of material provided in accordance with quality acceptable levels.
· Oversees the distribution strategy in support of achieving target: quality, delivery budget, and environmental objectives.
· Plan future capacity requirements.
· Daily tracking of attendance records in ADP, inform manager and HR of any employee not meeting attendance requirements.
· Partners with temp onsite and HR and supports the recruitment, selection, and training of the team. Develops schedules for successful onboarding and employee retention by ensuring timely training, performance tracking, and progress.
· Drives departmental improvement by motivating, training, and certifying warehouse staff to ensure productivity targets are met.
· Follows all health, safety, hygiene, and security guidelines in the work environment, for example: ensuring that stock such as raw materials are stored safely.
· Advise the ^warehouse operations manager of manufacturing of any issue, which may adversely affect employee/employer relations.
· Responsible for performance evaluations.
· Other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED with substantial experience in inventory control and materials management.
· 5 to 10 years of hands-on manufacturing experience acting as an Inventory Control Leader/supervisor strongly preferred.
· Strong computer literacy skills in MS Word, Excel, ERP, and timekeeping systems.
· Proven verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
· Strong Mathematical skills including but not limited to: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and basic statistical knowledge.
· Possess good product knowledge.
· Possess a good working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing operations.
· Flexibility to work special schedules as required to satisfy job requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to follow through on project assignments.
· Excellent attendance record.
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of the position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, type, and move throughout the facility. Must be capable of using a keyboard for computer purposes.