Continuous Improvement Engineer
Holmdel, NJ, USA
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
We are seeking to add an Operational Excellence/CI Engineer to drive Lean Sigma mentality throughout the Holmdel/Ridgefield, New Jersey sites via project achievements, training, and communicating success. The CI Engineer challenges the status quo and believes that processes can and should be improved. The Operational Excellence/CI Engineer is highly accountable for delivering results.
- Facilitates and drives change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work within the sites at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the operation’s Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Provides leadership / mentoring / training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean Sigma methodologies and tools.
- Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction, and constraint improvement.
- Responsible for planning and assisting in the execution of various Continuous Improvement projects targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, service, productivity, and cost.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required in area of discipline
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Able to take on manage multiple projects and switch priorities with little advance notice
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to lead teams with limited authority to higher levels of success
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills