The Packaging Mechanic Level B is responsible for repairing and maintaining machinery of all equipment on the production floor ad manufacturing areas. They will setups production lines to run products as specified. Repair and maintain facility equipment. This includes but is not limited to mechanical, fluid power, electrical and electronic up to but not including discrete electronic components. Repairs and maintains facility equipment. Must keep abreast of new and changing technologies in the equipment and maintenance fields which relate to cosmetics and personal care products. Will assist the engineering group in equipment improvement. Available Shifts: 1st from 7am to 3:30pm and 2nd from 3:00pm - 12:00 am
**We are offering a one time $1,000 dollars sign on bonus after 90 days completion of employment**
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities are:
• Setup (assembly, dial in settings and change parts to machine-specific and troubleshoot line and support during production.
• Reading and understanding batch records, F&A, and using FAI for performing setups.
• Coordinate setups and verification with the quality and production team.
• SOP for cleaning & sanitizing machines. (if required help washout team during C & S)
• Preventive Maintenance of all production equipment and replace all seals(O-ring) and wear parts during setups.
• Complete line setup (Filler to Coding machine setup)
• Improve communication when things are not done verbal & nonverbal (Shift communication/task logs)
• Observes mechanical equipment in operation and uses audio and visual inspection to prevent machine failure.
• Performs electrical and fluid power work on equipment in production and manufacturing.
• Dismantles production and manufacturing equipment and devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, install new or repaired parts, and reassemble the equipment and ensure production standard rates.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts• of devices and control instruments.
• Follows required Preventative maintenance schedule by repairing or replacing defective parts, installing special functional and structural parts in equipment or devices, and lubricating and cleaning of parts and or equipment.
• Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
• Assists the mechanical staff in the correct setup procedures and operation of equipment.
• Works in any work center on the production floor and/or where needed as directed by their supervisors.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Assists in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in the production areas by performing routine self-audits and reporting the results to the supervisor.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for his position. EDUCATION
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Must have at least 5+ years with packaging experience and/or educational equivalent SKILLS
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as SOP/GMP, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to utilize diagnostic equipment and tools.
• Demonstrate mechanical skills and or having served as a mechanic class B for a minimum of 12 months with above-average skills and or demonstrated that requirements outlined in this job description can be met at an above-average level.
• Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish)
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with employees of the organization.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Use independent judgment and recognize when it is necessary to partner with the supervisor to deal with difficult problems.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Partners with supervisor on complex and difficult matters.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED Hand tools, light machining and production equipment, and other manufacturing tools and fixtures. Computer & Personal Protection Equipment. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Job requires standing, use of hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to talk and hear.
• Job requires frequent walking, as well as sitting, reaching with hands and arms, and stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
• Job requires frequent lifting and/or moving of up to but not limited to 50 pounds.
• Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus
Must be experienced with Norden tube fillers and labeling equipment also familiar with liquid and powder fillers, Texwrap bundling and induction sealer.
Voyant Beauty provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.