R&D -Cosmetic Chemist
We are an innovation solutions provider to the world’s best beauty brands who is reimagining what contract manufacturing can be.
We hold innovation as a core value, along with teamwork, internal development, and a passion for all things personal care and beauty. We formulate exciting products across skin care, OTC, bath and body, and haircare and styling.
We are amid a seismic culture shift, with a focus on creating an R&D organization that has a common purpose, mission, and drive to create products that excite, relationships that last, and where drive and continued development is supported and rewarded.
If this sounds like an exciting place to bring your talents to life, you are in luck - we are looking to add a Coordinator to our team!
Position: R&D Cosmetic Chemist Rev. 1
Reports to: Manager/Director of R&D
Essential duties and responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
· Formulation and reverse engineering of skin, body, and hair care products employing general cosmetic science and laboratory principles and techniques.
· Forms: O/W, W/O emulsions, gels, pomades, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, hand soaps, mousses and OTC formulations
· Researching of new products, chemistry, and innovation driving new business opportunities
· Experience with regulatory requirements as it pertains to cosmetic/personal care formulation
· A working knowledge of formula scale up and manufacturing equipment
· Collaborate and support process engineering
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
· Documentation and recording techniques common to laboratory practices
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the R&D Management.
· Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related discipline required with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in cosmetic formulation and development
· In depth knowledge of principles of cosmetic science
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Good communication skills
· Prior experience in contract manufacturing desirable
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 21, 2021
- 5331 Dansher Rd, Countryside, IL 60525, USA