The Plant Controller is responsible for leading, advising on and performing all finance operations associated with plant operations. Ensures adequate policies, controls, and procedures that provide for the protection of company assets are in place, maintained and are followed. Provides accurate and timely financial information and analysis that allows management to make rational and data based decisions. In partnership with plant GM, proactively identifies improvements, determines and implements short and long term strategies concerning profitability, efficiency, and other matters. Will be responsible for financial and accounting matters including general ledger closing, planning and budgeting, cost accounting, variance analysis, financial reporting and inventory control and management. As the site’s financial business partner, advises and supports the Plant Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct operational financial analysis for both corporate & operational management stakeholders.
- Provide daily financial reporting of production and expense metrics to plant Manager, serving as a business partner. Ad hoc reporting as requested from internal stakeholders.
- Inventory Control, including obsolescence monitoring & inventory turn analysis.
- Lead and prepare annual budget and forecasts comparing projected results to prior year, budget and previous forecasts.
- Apply cost accounting reviews, monitor and analyze production standards including variances
- Perform operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting vs. month budget metrics.
- Liaison & primary communicant to corporate finance.
- Creation of capital spending project analysis.
- Manages all Budgeting, Forecasting, BOMs audit and Balance Sheets.
- Communicates with plant personnel and observes plant operations in order to assist with and to make recommendations for improvement in plant operations.
- Special Projects as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor degree with high GPA.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Plant Accounting Leadership role
- Must be a collaborative Leader, a self-starter who manages a small staff
- Manufacturing Operational Accounting experience in CPG preferred
- Must have experience leading a department with full financial responsibility for an operation with revenues in excess of $30MM
- Strong Financial Presentation Skills
- Strong Cost Accounting Skills.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.