This individual is responsible for the success of the site Environmental, Health, and Safety strategy. They will develops, implements, and drives continuous improvement strategies in all areas of EHS ensuring all relevant federal, state, local, and company standards are met.
· Work in partnership with site, Divisional, and Corporate EHS, Engineering, Facilities teams, and other stakeholders to establish and/or maintain strategic site plans to achieve EHS KPI’s while monitoring performance and reporting on progress.
· Foster culture by fostering and monitoring Employee Safety Committee, First Aid Team, etc. as well as periodic safety, environmental, and sustainability awareness programs.
· Ensure the successful delivery, completion, and tracking of all required EHS and Sustainability training.
· Lead an effective EHS Management System including all required elements such as internal / external audits and inspections and serve as a primary liaison between government agencies and Divisional, and Corporate EHS.
· Develop, justify and adhere to EHS budget for site and monitor spend ensuring cost savings opportunities are identified and implemented in order to hit relevant Funding the Growth initiatives.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant EHS related government and company standards such as permitting, auditing, and all reporting obligations. Execute compliance projects as needed.
· Monitor contractor compliance in regards to site policy, as well as federal and state regulations.
· Ensure proper shipping of IN hazardous materials as well as full IDEM, DOT and other related regulation compliance.
· Drive engagement by developing and implementing programs that engage local team members, empowers local voices, and raises awareness in the areas of environment, health, safety, and sustainability to support site strategic plans and targets.
· Support the coordination and management of the site Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Plans.
· Support and oversee the investigation of all EHS related incidents ensuring all risk reduction, and corrective/ preventive actions are identified and completed in a timely manner.
Support the Quality and GMP by leading standard compliance, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, Safety,
Environmental Science or Management, Sustainability or related Field OR
- At least 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- At least 4 years of experience in an EHS role.
· Proficient in compliance rules and regulations within OSHA, EPA, DOT and other hazardous material regulations including knowledge of reporting requirements, waste characterization, wastewater, permitting, and release reporting.
General understanding of sustainability issues and
· Knowledge of C-P EHS and FP&R (Continuous Improvement) Standards and Guidelines.
· Knowledge of IDEM Requirements.
· Knowledge of DOT.
· Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
· Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
· Planning & Priority Setting and strong organizational skills.
· Not required but a plus to hold Certified Safety, Environmental, or Sustainability Professional (e.g. CSP, CEP, LEED AP, TRUE Zero Waste Advisor, etc.).
- Pay Type Salary
- 2730 Middlebury St, Elkhart, IN 46516, USA