Assistant Director of Homeownership Loan Programs
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as Assistant Director of Homeownership - Loan Programs. This important role will develop, direct and assist with the management of all activities related to the Homeownership Lending line of business, as it relates to program development and implementation. In this role, you will develop and maintain strong business partner relations both internal and external to Virginia Housing. Oversee all aspects of the business development, loan programs and underwriting departments to ensure efficient work flow, adherence to regulatory requirement, and sound decision making, while providing excellent customer service.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establish and implement policies and procedures to most effectively handle internal and external lending activities.
• Responsible for communication related to new programs, procedure changes and updates with business partners.
• Create and maintain value driven strategic business partnerships with external Virginia Housing customers and stakeholders. Participate in business partner meetings, events and conferences.
• Participate in assessment, testing, implementation of system updates to improve efficiencies and facilitate improved quality and customer service.
• Challenge the existing business practices and work within Homeownership on operational excellence.
Qualified candidates must possess Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Several years of supervisory experience and experience in the mortgage lending industry specifically related to residential mortgage loan originations, underwriting and/or operations. In depth, knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures and mortgage requirements and regulations. Thorough understanding of mortgage loan programs with specific knowledge and experience with affordable housing programs.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $109,604 - $142,485
Per Executive Directive #18, effective September 1, 2021, Virginia Housing associates are required to disclose their vaccination status to Human Resources as a condition of employment. Those individuals not fully vaccinated by their start date are required to undergo and report the results of weekly Covid-19 testing.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $109,604.00
- Max Hiring Rate $142,485.00
- Richmond, VA, USA