IT INFRASTRUCTURE - PRINCIPAL NETWORK ARCHITECT
Under the general direction of the Director of Infrastructure, this position plans the installation and implementation of Network infrastructure as well as provides leadership with recommendations that designate a specific direction for the network architecture in terms of design, standards, implementation, best practices, operations and maintenance. Defines network requirements and creates a design, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing and potential new systems/configurations.
The work location for this role is flexible if approved by UniGroup except this position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads technical discussions required to support Network architecture design needs.
- Researches and tracks new technologies, developing a roadmap for infrastructure to enhance functionality, replace end of life infrastructure and/or increase operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Trains and mentors team members on skills required to support the implementation plan and operational support needs.
- Develops test plans, implementation plans, and timelines for various network projects.
- Establish and integrate solid HA and DR capabilities into network where needed.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose issues related to the connectivity and performance of internal cloud-based services.
- Maintains network device configurations and establishes backup mechanisms.
- Manage technology vendors and equipment lifecycle.
- Partners with information security to ensure security of corporate data networks.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience in a large business environment with at least 7 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco and Aruba switching, WAN, LAN, BGP, Palo Alto firewall, Aruba wireless, VPN, and network monitoring solutions.
- Working knowledge of Avaya and Verint Call Recording recommended.
We foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
We value the unique skills and experiences that veterans and separated service members bring to our workforce. While serving our country you have gained skills such as leadership, flexibility, and agility, which will help to make you successful here. We are dedicated to supporting military families and ensuring that we provide a welcoming environment for our country’s heroes. We hope you consider joining the UniGroup family.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com
- Job Function Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA