Corrections Monitor - FT (Female)
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Corrections Monitor - Female for Resident Re-Entry Center, located in West Palm Beach, FL.
Monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring accountability, safety, security and compliance to corrections facility rules; monitors client behavior and serves as liaison between client and counselor communicating pertinent information; administers drug/alcohol testing as required; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information regarding facility occupancy and client accountability.
This position is considered full time with access to the following benefits at the completion of 90-days of employment.
- Employee Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy and Hearing)
- Includes online doctor visits through LiveHealth Online
- Behavioral health visits with board-certified Psychologists and Psychiatgrists available LiveHealth Online.
- Life Insurance: Benefit amount $20,000
- Voluntary Life Insurance (up to $300,000 for employee and $10,000 elective for spouse and children)
- Short Term Disability
- Elective Long-Term Disability
- Grief Counseling Services
- Will Preparation Services (available through enrollment in Voluntary Life Insurance plan)
- Pension Plan (3% of quarterly earnings, plus 3% match)
- Elective contributions to 403(b) via payroll withholding
- Elective FSA plan
- Supplemental Insurance Plans through AFLAC
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, three weeks after year 5
- Twelve (12) days paid sick per year (of which 6 can be used as personal days)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- One (1) floating holiday
- One (1) Employee-Appreciation Day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to operate with web based programs (Secure Manage, 3RM BOP).
Skill in accuracy and data management and attention to detail.
Skill in dealing with a wide variety of people, problems and increased complexity.
Ability to pass drug screening requirements.
Ability to pass Criminal Background Investigation(FCIC/NCIC).
Ability to maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Must be at least 21 years of age
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D.
and one year experience performing security or social service work preferred,
any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid state driver’s license.
CPR/First Aid certification.
Work is normally performed in an office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like, but where some exposure to client illnesses and violent clients is possible.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application period: 9/17/2021 - 9/20/2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Corrections
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, September 23, 2021
- Job End Date Thursday, September 30, 2021
- 1577 N Military Trl, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, USA