The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith based organization, has a job opening for a Case Worker (Corrections) for the Center of Hope (Residential Re-Entry Center), located in West Palm Beach, FL.
Monitors assigned caseload of clients participating in a short-term life management program; establishes program plan/goals and evaluates client's progress by conducting routine meetings with client and/or staff; serves as advocate for client in order to acquire services that will enable them to functionally cope with their environment.
This position is considered full time with access to the following benefits at the completion of 90-days of employment.
- Employee Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy and Hearing)
- Includes online doctor visits through LiveHealth Online
- Behavioral health visits with board-certified Psychologists and Psychiatgrists available LiveHealth Online.
- Life Insurance: Benefit amount $20,000
- Voluntary Life Insurance (up to $300,000 for employee and $10,000 elective for spouse and children)
- Short Term Disability
- Elective Long-Term Disability
- Grief Counseling Services
- Will Preparation Services (available through enrollment in Voluntary Life Insurance plan)
- Pension Plan (3% of quarterly earnings, plus 3% match)
- Elective contributions to 403(b) via payroll withholding
- Elective FSA plan
- Supplemental Insurance Plans through AFLAC
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, three weeks after year 5
- Twelve (12) days paid sick per year (of which 6 can be used as personal days)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- One (1) floating holiday
- One (1) Employee-Appreciation Day
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles and practices of social service case management.
Knowledge of social service resources and agencies in the community.
Knowledge of effective communication and motivation practices.
Ability to develop program plans and goals based on client's needs.
Ability to operate computer and Secure Manage web based programs.
Ability to evaluate the client’s progress toward program goals.
Ability to work with the public encompassing all types of behaviors.
Ability to interview clients and to obtain pertinent information.
Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and complete case notes and client records.
Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work in order to accomplish work in compliance with quality standards and deadlines.
Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with clients and community agencies.
Education and Experience
Two years of college coursework from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Behavioral Science, or a related field
two year’s experience working in a social or public service environment with experience assisting the public.
Licenses and Certifications
Approved background check required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to think clearly and quickly in order to maintain control of client caseload.
Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple cases at the same time without becoming frustrated or disorganized.
Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
Duties are usually performed seated.
Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application Submittal Period: 09/17/2021 – 09/20/2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Case Management
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, September 23, 2021
- Job End Date Sunday, October 10, 2021
- 1577 N Military Trl, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, USA