Sorting Room Worker
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening Sorting Room Worker for WPB Thrift Store, located in West Palm Beach, FL
Receives, sorts, prices and prepares donated items for display in the store; determines suitability and pricing of items based on established standards; assists in maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
This position is considered full time with access to the following benefits at the completion of 90-days of employment.
- Employee Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy and Hearing)
- Includes online doctor visits through LiveHealth Online
- Behavioral health visits with board-certified Psychologists and Psychiatgrists available LiveHealth Online.
- Life Insurance: Benefit amount $20,000
- Voluntary Life Insurance (up to $300,000 for employee and $10,000 elective for spouse and children)
- Short Term Disability
- Elective Long-Term Disability
- Grief Counseling Services
- Will Preparation Services (available through enrollment in Voluntary Life Insurance plan)
- Pension Plan (3% of quarterly earnings, plus 3% match)
- Elective contributions to 403(b) via payroll withholding
- Elective FSA plan
- Supplemental Insurance Plans through AFLAC
- Two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, three weeks after year 5
- Twelve (12) days paid sick per year (of which 6 can be used as personal days)
- Twelve (12) paid holidays per year
- One (1) floating holiday
- One (1) Employee-Appreciation Day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to sort items in accordance with established categories.
Ability to determine the condition of items in accordance with established standards.
Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
No formal education or experience required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to communicate the English language.
Physical ability to lift and carry and/or push/pull light objects (less than 25 lbs.).
Moderate mobility:duties are usually performed by combinations of sitting, standing, and walking on a frequent change basis.Distance of travel is usually within the same building.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment where there are physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
Application submittal period:9/22/2021 – 9/25/2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
When an application is selected for review, typically, only applicants who indicate the relevant education and experience requirements, as indicated in the job description for the position, may be considered for job openings. Please FULLY complete the application, answer questions completely, honestly and to the best of your ability. Please also upload a copy of your resume (when available). Those applicants requiring accommodation to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at the applicable location.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with The Salvation Army!
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Store
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Job End Date Saturday, September 25, 2021
- 655 N Military Trl, West Palm Beach, FL 33415, USA