Domestic Violence Educator (Casual), Panama City, Florida
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Domestic Violence Educator for the Panama City Domestic Violence Program. This is a casual position where the employee is called to conduct training and outreach on an as needed basis.
Coordinates, plans, and executes professional and community education and training on the topics of domestic violence; provides assistance to the program head in an effort to promote community awareness about domestic violence, effects on victims/family members and promote community awareness.
- Answers and directs incoming calls; takes and relays messages as appropriate.
- Maintains contacts with community agencies in order to schedule professional training for clients.
- Maintains contacts with schools, colleges, and universities in order to coordinate community education for clients.
- Prepares materials for community education and or professional training.
- Coordinates and attends community education events, job fairs, health fairs, etc. to promote community education regarding domestic violence and available program services.
- Types correspondence relating to and receives appropriate approval for event, education, or training attendance.
- Updates Resource Book annually.
- Coordinates and maintains domestic violence staff training requirements per contract; informs supervisor of issues regarding same.
- Completes any paperwork accurately and in a timely manner; documents all services provided for statistical purposes.
- Assists with community awareness activities and special projects as needed.
- Prepares, maintains, and files training certificates, sign-in sheets, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge or general office practices and principles.
- Knowledge of social service practices and principles.
- Knowledge of social and psychological factors affecting victims of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of community resources to provide information and referrals to victims and or other individuals in the community.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the public and community agencies.
- Ability to prepare accurate and complete client records, reports, and statistics.
- Ability to perform data entry tasks with minimal errors.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals throughout the organization and the community.
- Ability to create Power Point presentations to be utilized for training purposes.
- Ability to understand and convey the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to type and keypunch information into a computer.
- Ability to sort and file documents alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to operate various general office equipment including a telephone, typewriter, computer, and adding machine.
Materials and Equipment Used
Computer General Office Equipment Projector
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in sociology, psychology, or related field and two years’ experience working in a social or public service environment with professional knowledge of domestic violence, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Limited amount of physical effort required associated with walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (less than 25 lbs.) 5-10% of work time.
- Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
- Works is performed in a normal office environment where there are little or no physical discomforts associated with changes in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust, dirt, and the like.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they
will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious
To apply, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of this posting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Education
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.00
- Required Education Associate Degree
- FL - Panama City, FL 1824 W 15th St. 32401, 1824 W 15th St, Panama City, Florida, United States of America