Sallie House Childcare Worker
Part-Time Evening Shifts - Sat & Sun - 3:00pm to 11:00pm
Provide Childcare services for children including personal care, hygiene, learning, developmental activities, and specialized programs. Plans and develops age appropriate activities and programs. Prepares and maintains records meeting with Leads and Case Managers to discuss progress of children. Utilizes positive parenting practices in dealing with negative behaviors of children. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of property.
- Provides constant care for the needs of the children in an efficient, clean, loving, safe, secure, and healthy manner.
- Implements age appropriate activity and development plans utilizing discovery areas and hands-on activities.
- Determines appropriate supplies and materials for activity plans and recreational activities ensuring children's safety.
- Provides opportunities for physical and mental stimulation through both indoor and outdoor learning activities.
- Observes the needs and progress of the children, communicates with Lead/Case Manager providing input and documentation on the physical, emotional, social, and academic needs of the individual children.
- Prepares and serves children snacks and meals; provides positive, relaxed atmosphere during mealtimes, encouraging conversation.
- Available to assist Lead Childcare Worker or Program Director with medication dispensing.
- Utilizes positive parenting skills maintaining composure, and when needed, displays appropriate program-approved discipline techniques.
- Prepares and maintain, up-to-date records and required reports (developmental progress, discipline reports, etc.).
- Maintains positive working relationships with community-based care staff, school officials, health care providers, and other service providers as appropriate.
- Follows guidelines provided on Standards of Performance and Safety.
- Always assists with transporting children whenever needed overseeing the safety and protection of children.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled in-service training sessions.
- Assists in preparing and supervising field trips for children.
- Always maintains confidentiality of client information and reports any known breach of confidentiality to Lead/Supervisor.
- Performs other related work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years’ Childcare experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Child Behavior and Development.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of First Aid and C.P.R and ability to ensure the safety of children.
Must be cleared by Local Law Enforcement, State of Florida Dept. of Children and Families and FBI background screens
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid State of Florida Driver's License and safe driving record approved by Territorial Headquarters Risk Management.
C.P.R. and First Aid Certification
The Salvation Army is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- Job Family FL-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Child Care
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.20
- Max Hiring Rate $12.20
- 340 14th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, USA
- St. Petersburg, FL 340 14th Ave S 33701, 340 14th Ave S, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America