Administration - Instructional Designer I
Our goals are to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. To accomplish these goals, we constantly seek individuals who look for ways to do things better. We are a company whose
cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement.
Tabula Rasa HealthCare (TRHC) is a leader in providing patient-specific, data-driven technology and solutions that enable healthcare organizations to optimize performance to improve patient outcomes, reduce hospitalizations, lower healthcare costs, and manage risk. Medication risk management is TRHC’s lead offering, and its cloud-based software applications, including EireneRx® and MedWise™, provide solutions for a range of payers, providers and other healthcare organizations.
TRHC empowers our employees to provide excellent service, utilize advanced technology, and proficiently deliver results. Our 32Fundamentals are what we are and who we are. Our culture cultivates teamwork, rewards excellence, focuses on quality for every aspect of our business, and promotes community involvement. As a part of our team, you will help us bring innovative service models to healthcare, improving patient outcomes.
JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer I DATE: 11/2021
REPORTS TO: Learning & Development Program Manager
JOB PURPOSE: It is the objective of Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) to mature its corporate university. Under this entity, it is intended to design, develop, and coordinate learning interventions in the scientific, technology, humanistic, and compliance domains. The “Instructional Designer I” helps to shape the development, refinement, and sustainability of the corporate university by assuming responsibility for designing, developing, and coordinating, and structuring engaging enterprise-wide learning interventions. The right candidate will possess a high level of integrity, be quality oriented, innovative, and steadfast.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Design and Development:
- Creates and maintains comprehensive program documentation.
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Serves as internal expert on eLearning Design
- Works with subject matter experts to identify the target audience’s training needs through formal needs assessment, where applicable.
- Sets instructional end goals/objectives and create content that matches them.
- Visualizes instructional graphics, the user interface, and the finished product.
- Analyzes, shares, applies trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Provides exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Creates both primary and supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.).
- Devises modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the activity.
- Serves as a point of contact for enterprise-wide learning interventions, including triaging questions regarding Corporate Compliance Training (New Hire/Annual), and others.
- Works with cross-functional project teams including, but not limited to: Scientific, Humanistic, Compliance, Technology, CareVention HealthCare, MedWise HealthCare and others to support projects throughout the lifecycle, including assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Conducts effective, proactive communications with internal and external stakeholders, utilizing status updates, agendas, action items, issue logs, and other approaches, as appropriate.
- Maintains various records in spreadsheets/databases and produces reports requiring data compilation and analysis.
- Performs editing and assists with writing policies & procedures, reports, and other written materials as it pertains to TRHCU instructional design best practices.
- Attends regular meetings with team and collaborators to review and discuss training activities
- Performs other administrative and coordination tasks as needed.
- Provides analyses and reports to leadership, as requested, to monitor and improve education and training activities.
- Assists with financial aspects of the corporate university.
- Consults with internal stakeholders to determine learning needs and recommend potential solutions
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate new and current eLearning courses, videos, and materials.
- Learning Management System (LMS) and Learner support:
- Create and manage courses, materials, and workshops within the LMS.
- Coordinates use of Learning Management System with stakeholders for administrative needs.
- Recognize and resolve the issues that may appear when it comes to course design, its configuration or infrastructure.
- Make sure that the LMS works properly and act fast if it comes to bugs and unexpected errors.
- Support learners with their issues.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, change in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: These represent the desired qualifications of the ideal candidate. They are not meant to limit consideration for candidates who do not meet all of the standards listed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Instructional Design experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years Instructional Design experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Not required
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative manner.
- Self-motivated individual who is eager to learn and develop, as well as assist with educating and training others.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to quickly self-teach.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of ownership for projects, a sense of urgency, and strong follow-through.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Independent and can effectively manage self-driven projects.
- A high level of integrity.
- Quality oriented.
- Must meet and maintain hiring eligibility per Company standards, policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: The Instructional Designer I will spend a majority of his/her day working on a company-provided secure laptop. He/she must be able to coordinate and manage multiple projects at a time. He/she must be able to stay focused on tasks to be completed while considering the big picture of the corporate university and department as a whole. Additionally, he/she must maintain a professional, upbeat and positive attitude, even in times of stress.
This individual must be able to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing, at a college level. He/she must be able to apply general rules to specific problems and tasks to produce answers and resolutions. He/she must be able to arrange activities and task-oriented steps in a certain order and/or patter according to rules and procedures. The Instructional Designer I must have excellent reading and oral instruction comprehension and judgment.
The Instructional Designer I must be able to hear, speak, read, and write English to effectively communicate with leadership, staff, and customers, and must be able to see to perform work-related functions.
This individual must be able to work independently with confidence, and must be able to handle responsibilities with confidence.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Minimum of 40 hours per week, in hybrid set-up between home and on-site location (if applicable), namely TRHC headquarters in Moorestown, NJ or on-site location. Remote work may be required. May be required to travel to off-site location(s) in order to attend meetings, as necessary.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Moorestown, NJ 08057, USA