Assembly & Packaging I - 1st shift
Tech International is an 80+ year old manufacturer and distributor of tire and wheel service products. Tech lives by a core set of principles, known as our H.I.L.T.I. values - Honor, Intelligence, Leadership, Teamwork and Innovation. Our employees are what make Tech products great and Tech a great place to work.
Tech is a global business serving tens of thousands of customers and end users in over 96 countries. We service our customers on both a direct basis and through a multi—level distribution network. Our operational footprint includes facilities in the USA, China, Belgium, Italy, Japan, Brazil and Thailand.
Assemble multiple different types of tire repairs from rubber, fabric, plastics, paper, adhesives, and other materials with various machines and/or by hand.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Follows all safety guidelines including guarding and other protective device usage
· Reports all incidents, no matter how minor, so they can be addressed
· Reads, understands, and follows ISO documents and work instructions
· Operates machines with manual, computer, or PLC controls
· Cross trains on equipment as assigned as work assignments will vary day to day
· Rotates through breaks and fills in on other trained positions as assigned
· Keeps machines fed with materials
· Loads and aligns rolls of materials while keeping accurate inventory of roll weights
· Changes and adjusts basic machine components like rollers and slitters
· Verifies Work In Process and finished goods meet quality specifications as they are processed
· Records labor and production accurately
· Labels Work In Process and boxes and packages finished products according to quality specifications
· Occasionally disassembles repairs with solvent (Naptha)
· Keeps machines and work clean and orderly
· Recommends changes that improve safety, quality, and productivity and participates in product and process improvement events
· Clearly communicates machine or other problems as encountered. Works with Machine Operators and/or Maintenance as needed
· Orders supplies
· Other duties as assigned
Supervision Received: Daily by Supervisor and follows instructions on the job by Assistant Supervisors and Machine Operators. May work independently and is expected to anticipate process and material needs.
High school graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Able to read limited number of two-and-three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Able to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to follow and understand simple instructions, and work and communicate with others in a group setting.
Able to accurately count, add and subtract three-digit numbers, and perform simple division and multiplication. Calculators are available.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out three step instructions and deal with standardized situations with some process variability.
Activities cover a broad range of jobs, some of which may require less than shown below.
Activity on Job Amount of time spent on Activity during a shift
1/3 to 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Talk or hear
Taste or Smell
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Lift up to 10 pounds
Lift up to 25 pounds
Lift up to 50 pounds
Lift up to 100 pounds
More than 100 pounds
· Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
· Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
· Ability to identify and distinguish colors
· Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
· Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
· Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
· Hand to eye coordination
Most work areas are air conditioned in the summer. All areas are heated in the winter. Environmental descriptions cover a broad range of jobs, some of which may require less than shown below.
Environmental Conditions Amount of time exposed to environmental condition
1/3 to 2/3
Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Work near moving mechanical parts
Work in high, precarious places
Fumes or airborne particles
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Outdoor weather conditions
Extreme cold (non-weather)
Extreme heat (non-weather)
Risk of electrical shock
Work with explosives
Risk of radiation
Generally responsible for the safety and cleanliness of own work area. Safety shoes and safety glasses are required. Ear plugs may be required for some tasks. Tech is considered an essential business. Proper protocol will be followed as directed by the CDC, state, and local government in the event of community health risks.
- Job Family Direct Labor
- Job Function Production Worker
- Pay Type Hourly
- Industry Manufacturing
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- 200 E Coshocton St, Johnstown, OH 43031, USA