PRGA - Communications Specialist
Who is Swire Coca-Cola? We are one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in America. Our 7,200 hardworking and passionate employees produce and distribute more than 50 brands and flavors across 13 states. We have as many careers as we have flavors, and regardless of which role you choose, you have a direct impact on Swire Coca-Cola, our products, and the communities we call home.
At Swire Coca-Cola, our commitment to excellence is what guides our actions with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time associates which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Discounts.
What does a Communication Specialist do at Swire Coca-Cola?
The Communications Specialist at Swire Coca-Cola, USA will be one of the primary writers on the Corporate Communications team. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to learn and understand the business drivers of our industry and craft well-written content to be shared with internal and external audiences. The channels, content and audiences will be our new internal comms platform, digital signage, company emails, social media, online community groups, employees, customers and other key stakeholders. The objective of this role is to support our goals of creating a more informed and engaged workforce and enhancing the awareness and perception of Swire Coca-Cola, USA.
- Support internal communications by creating written content for company-wide announcements and stories for internal communications platform.
- Support external communications by creating written content for social media channels and some traditional media opportunities.
- Lead the monitoring, management, and response to third-party website content (Yelp, Google Maps, etc.) about Swire Coca-Cola, USA.
- Manage all aspects of company-wide digital signage program, including content programming but excluding actual design of the content.
- Support the development of a monthly report that demonstrates the progress of the corporate communications program.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects. Ensure all projects are completed on schedule and to the highest quality.
- Must work across departments and divisions to identify and understand the needs of the business and how they should be conveyed.
- Three or more years of experience in a public relations or communications role is required.
- A degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or marketing is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to create independently crisp, effective copy for various audiences. Proficiency with AP Style.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be proficient in English. Spanish language proficiency is looked upon favorably.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams and execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline and with minimal oversight.
- The person should be: Enthusiastic. Tenacious. Responsive. Eager to make an impact. Open to feedback.
This position is based in the office of our company headquarters in Draper, Utah. This is not a remote or work from home position. Travel within Swire Coca-Cola’s footprint, and occasionally beyond, will be required post-COVID-19.
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
- Pay Type Salary
- Draper, UT, USA