Diesel Mechanic - Elko, NV
Up to $7K in Sign-on Incentives!
Savage Services in Elko Nevada is looking for a maintenance Mechanic. In the maintenance department within Savage, you will find a wide variety of equipment and machinery to maintain. This variety allows you the chance to expand your skill set and stay up to date on the latest technology. At Savage, we love nothing more than rewarding our Team Members’ hard work with opportunities for growth. The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers used to transport limestone and other products at Savage's facilities in Elko, NV. This will be a rotating shift position.
Benefits of working with Savage
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Local work, home every day
- Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing equipment
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Learn and partner with the Maintenance Supervisor to utilize the CMMS system as a tool of organization and preventative maintenance record keeping.
- Other general maintenance duties as required
- Collaborate with Team Members outside of the department to ensure the overall success of the operation
- Two to Three years of Diesel Mechanic experience, and experience with a variety of trucks a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Class A CDL a plus, but not required
- Ability to read, write and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
Ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
- Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer.
- Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Job Start Date Monday, October 11, 2021
- Elko, NV 89801, USA
- Spring Creek, NV 89815, USA