Columbus, OH, USA Req #7333
Monday, October 11, 2021
Savage is hiring!! Are you looking for a company that values you for the work you do? Our Transload Operators come to Savage for the challenge, growth and focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on processing and transporting materials for our customers. We understand and respect our Team Members as the lifeblood of what we do. Team Members are encouraged to find a better way and are enabled to “do things they never dreamed possible”.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage
- No experience needed (we offer free training)
- Starting Rate $18.00
- Great Schedule - Mon-Friday 7-4
- Weekends off!!! No Nights!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holidays, and 401(k) with match
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- $160/year steel toe boot allowance
- Opportunity for growth
Here is what you will be doing
- Daily unloading of materials consisting of a variety of bulk liquid and dry products
- Operate or learn to operate rail car loading systems and equipment
- Understand and follow operating procedures and policies
- Perform work safely and productively
- Ability to perform general maintenance on equipment
- Assist with other duties within the facility (general maintenance, landscape upkeep and painting)
Requirements of a successful Transload Operator
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Read, write, and understand English
- Basic math skills
- Computer skills (light data entry)
- Capable to learn how to operate and maintain rail car/trans loading equipment (e.g., Hoses, portable conveyors, transfer pumps, portable stair systems, small to medium sized equipment, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to travel to other transload terminals to assist when necessary; may be for up to a week at a time
Here are some of the physical requirements for this role
- Ability to work outside in ALL weather conditions (snow, rain, sub-freezing temps)
- Physically able to climb up and down rail cars/ladders safely
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Willing to work with liquid hazardous and dry bulk materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- In good physical condition (able to walk one (1) to two (2) miles per shift)
- Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer.
- Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbus, OH, USA