Class A CDL Driver
This is NOT an OTR job, so yes, you can more spend time with family and friends! This is also NOT your average job. This is a chance to make a difference and be a part of a Team where you will do things you never dreamed possible!
We are looking for a Class A Driver whose primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently transport coal & waste coal from various waste coal Sites to blend yard & blend yard to power plant.
Ready to get started? Apply TODAY!
Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
What you'll be doing:
- The Class A CDL Driver will safely transport coal & waste coal in tractor-trailer units with GVW of 110,000 lbs
- Inspect Tractor-Trailer Unit for DOT, MSHA & any Safety defects, report to maintenance personnel for repair
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Drivers report directly to the Operations Manager
- On occasion they may be asked to assist another operation on a temporary basis
- They may also have the opportunity to participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would possibly require travel to other locations
What you'll need:
- Class A CDL is required & any other State qualifications
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Willingness to work days or nights and willing to work weekends
- The Class A CDL Driver must be Drug Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer.
- Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- St Paul, VA, USA