MSN Nursing Full Time Faculty
What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the market place. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teaching up to 90%/Faculty Service/Administration up to 15%
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers course instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the instruction as outlined in the Faculty job description and the Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Enables the achievement of competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing an environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for courses and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, adjunct support/orientation, and enforcing academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus/online events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops, committees, and meetings as assigned.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Scholarship(Up to 10 percent) *Engages in scholarly activities that contribute to the field of study and enhance the learning environment.
- Faculty Development Activities (Up to 10 percent) *Completes professional development and in‐service activities each year as outlined in the faculty supplement.
- One to five years’ experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution. DNP or PhD in Nursing with FNP certification required. Experience as an FNP strongly preferred.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
The individual must be able to regularly travel in the local area and occasionally travel out of the local area to visit potential and affiliated clinical externship sites. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures, and perspectives can thrive.
- Job Family All Positions
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Doctorate
- South University Orlando, FL, 4901 Vineland Road, Orlando, Florida, United States of America