Senior Director of University Partnerships and Community Engagement
What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population.
Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
The Senior Director of University Partnerships and Community Engagement is responsible for the creation, implementation, management and overall success of all University-related community initiatives, including outreach, partnership development and communication strategy, locally and nationally. Specifically, the position provides leadership and direction, in collaboration with campus leadership, to the team accountable for the development of local community engagement activities, including events, promotions, community development, employer awareness and partner support, ultimately resulting in increased new student inquiries and interest in South University. This team develops relationships with local partners to support student growth and industry partnership objectives; this position is responsible for new and ongoing training, tracking outcomes and ensuring high quality presence in the community. The Senior Director of University Partnerships and Community Engagement creates, directs and manages communication that supports outreach and partnership development efforts, consistent messaging, and collateral materials that advance the goals and profile of South University to broader public audiences. In collaboration with marketing, the position facilitates the development of sales tools, presentation materials and collateral, and procures relevant and robust content for the publication of hard copy collateral, website, e-mails, social media, and other externally facing platforms. The position also provides leadership for Public Relations efforts of the University.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- This role will drive strategy, implementation and success in the following areas:
- Lead, direct and provide oversight for the University & Community Outreach Team, with core responsibility of establishing productive partnerships within local markets.
- Develop and execute a local, regional and national strategy for University partnerships.
- Collaborate often with campus Presidents, University Administration, Admissions, and Academic Affairs leadership to create implement and monitor a multi-year outreach plan aligned with the South University Strategic Initiative for “Strategic Alignment and Growth” through community outreach resulting in meeting new student enrollment goals directly or indirectly through Admission Representatives and Program Leaders.
- Assist with the identification of new partners or market segments.
- Create clear timelines for strategy implementation, progress monitoring and benchmarks for success.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate documentation activities, contacts and agreements.
- University Events and Activities: Develop an annual university event calendar by location.
- Plan, develop and help execute successful campus led events, both in-person and virtual, designed to engage prospective students.
- Promotion of university activities through media relations, partners and university promotions.
- University messaging: Oversee development of university content, consistent messaging, copy for blogs, events, newsroom, and website content.
- Collaborate with campuses, academic colleges, and stakeholders to develop relevant content and copy that drives interest in the University.
- Projects a positive university image to the public and manage reputation.
- Ensures high quality of all information released.
- Facilitate timely communication between the University and Marketing.
- Lead internal public relations task force to ensure external messaging is timely, accurate and meets all University standards.
- Studio Marketing collaboration: Act as the primary point of contact to communicate university and campus-level outreach and communications to Studio marketing for the purpose of developing promotional collateral materials and identifying new priorities for tools and resource development.
- Ensures alignment of communications and outreach collaborations with Studio marketing initiatives.
- Facilitate regular and timely communication of University events, good news, good deeds, partnerships and success stories for marketing and promotion.
- Work directly with campus leadership and admissions to ensure student and program objectives are met.
- Provide critical feedback to all stakeholders on campus performance, including program-level performance.
- Bachelors’ in Advertising, Marketing, Communications or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management, leadership, and partnership development
- Team player that is adept at both leading and being a contributor/part of a team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Ability to lead marketing professionals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
The duties and characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
- Job Family All Positions
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- South University Corporate Savannah, GA, 709 Mall Boulevard, Savannah, Georgia, United States of America