Biomedical Technician I
- Solution One Industries has opportunities across the US to continue your service to our Nation through government contracting employment. Veterans with and without security clearances are encouraged to apply. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, numerous health and welfare benefits, retirement plans, and opportunities for career development and advancement and tuition programs.
- You can find more information about our services and our company. www.1soi.com
- For opportunities in your area, check out our Careers page at: www.1soi.com/careers
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. Citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements.
The Biomedical Technician I (BMET I) performs a variety of tasks within a Maintenance section to include but not limited to: repairs, safety testing, preventative maintenance and record updates associated with the maintenance, calibration and repair of Department of the U.S. Army USARC Medical equipment in storage. Performs tasks under the direct supervision of a Lead.
- Communicates routinely with Lead / Supervisory personnel on the status of equipment repair and maintenance activities along with immediately reporting all equipment operator safety issues.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures, including equipment inspection, repairs and planned maintenance.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Assists with the administrative responsibilities of the section, including work order control, maintenance history records, preventative maintenance and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records.
- Ensures parts ordering and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Completes assigned work in a timely manner.
- Works under a Lead / Supervisor in support of work priorities.
- Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Assists in the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department.
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory agencies, and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that apply to the clinical equipment.
- Provides input for service delivery on equipment supported.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possesses Organizational skills
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required)
- Graduate from a DoD or Civilian biomedical technician school (e.g. DoD BMET Basic Course).
- Has good knowledge of schematics and works under relatively close supervision on repairs, safety, testing, and preventative maintenance (PM).
- Maintains records, writes reports, and coordinates outside repairs
Solution One Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travis AFB, Fairfield, CA, USA