Manager, Portfolio and Project Management
Rhodes Pharmaceuticals L.P. has developed and distributed quality pharmaceutical products nationwide since 2008. With our R&D capabilities, industry partnerships, broad customer base, and strong relationships with suppliers, we offer reliable supply of high-quality products at competitive prices.
At Rhodes Pharmaceuticals, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are important to our business and are articulated in our People and Culture strategy and represent an important component of our goals and objectives. As we build an exciting path forward, we strive to create an environment where everyone can bring their best and true self to work each day. Embracing different backgrounds, ideas, and viewpoints are valued and encouraged. We believe that Respect is grounded in our Values of Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other. Together we make an impact on our growth, our culture, and most importantly, patients.
The Manager, Portfolio and Project Management will be responsible for providing Project Management support to Rhodes Pharmaceutical’s internal and external development programs. The Project Manager will support the generation and execution of project plans in collaboration with Business Development, Product Development, Operations dept., etc. for multiple development, & in-licensed projects within multiple therapeutic areas and technology platforms.
- Planning support will include developing detailed project Timelines spanning activities from Project Initiation to Product Launch.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in facilitating and meeting expected program milestone, with frequent assessment of project performance against development strategy – highlighting risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Partner with Management to build a responsible budget for new Product Development Projects, and for managing Project Spend for internal and external Rhodes Pharmaceutical development programs.
- Support the development & maintenance of a project review mechanisms with licensing &/or Contract-Manufacturing partners including performance of project within approved budgets and ensure the successful completion of project milestones as per project plans.
- Serve as the primary external interface across in-licensing partners, consultants, design/development houses, contract manufacturers, etc. for projects assigned to you.
- Develop/Maintain strong internal relationships across R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Services, Tech. Services, QA, Finance, and BD.
- Develop detailed project timelines spanning activities from project initiation to product launch for Rhodes Pharmaceutical internal and external development programs.
- In collaboration with the project technical leads, quality leads and team members facilitate the execution of project plans to support the timely completion of project activities in support of regulatory filing and eventual product launch.
- Schedule project team meetings and communicate decisions and action items for each project to the teams, peers and other management as well as externally (i.e. CMO’s, CRO’s, and partners).
- Collaborate with internal and external partners by facilitating the completion of expected program timelines.
- Manage the execution of documents such as scope of work, scope of work changes, invoices, etc. from external partners in a timely fashion so that the approval of documents allow for the execution of project activities as per the project plan.
- Assist in the development of methodology and business processes to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness in completing project objectives.
Education and Experience:
BS/MS is Chemistry or related field with 1-3 years of pharmaceutical experience. Prior experience in generic pharmaceutical environment a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required; facilitation, coaching, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience and fluent in the use of Microsoft Project as well as other tools that allow for the management of projects and programs.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills are required, consistent with the ability to prepare project presentations to Senior Management and external personnel in both formal and informal settings.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical development activities required for ANDA and IND/NDA submission.
- Broad knowledge of project management processes and practices are required, including development/management of multiple project timelines and milestones, as well as critical path tracking.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
The incumbent must be able to work effectively across departments and with outside organizations. Although the incumbent will not have direct supervisory responsibilities, the ability to work collaboratively is essential in order to bring projects successfully to the market.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, national origin, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
- Job Family Research & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- 498 Washington St, Coventry, RI 02816, USA