Sr. Research Scientist
Rhodes Pharmaceuticals L.P. has developed and distributed quality pharmaceutical products nationwide since 2008. With our R&D capabilities, industry partnerships, broad customer base, and strong relationships with suppliers, we offer reliable supply of high-quality products at competitive prices.
At Rhodes Pharmaceuticals, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are important to our business and are articulated in our People and Culture strategy and represent an important component of our goals and objectives. As we build an exciting path forward, we strive to create an environment where everyone can bring their best and true self to work each day. Embracing different backgrounds, ideas, and viewpoints are valued and encouraged. We believe that Respect is grounded in our Values of Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other. Together we make an impact on our growth, our culture, and most importantly, patients.
This position will act as analytical lead and support drug development through analytical method development, validation, transfer, stability testing and activities to support formulation development and clinical studies in compliance with all applicable guidelines with minimum supervision. This role may independently identify/observe problems and recommend experimental strategies and solutions. This position will develop and author laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), methods, protocols, and reports. Support work related to production, R&D and NDA/ANDA filings. This position will be responsible for laboratory instrument troubleshooting and routine maintenance to ensure they are in compliance with established procedures and cGMPs requirements. This position will maintain accuracy in laboratory operations, scientific data, and notebook writing as well as responsible for review, interpretation, compilation of results and preparing scientific reports.
- Act as analytical lead and work with the cross-functional team on new projects.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a timely and organized manner in accordance with cGMP, GLP, DEA and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure high quality in analytical work and accurately document all necessary and relevant information in a clear concise manner as per cGMPs.
- Develop / improve and validate robust analytical methods that are GMP friendly and document formal protocols and reports.
- Lead analytical method transfers to third party contract organizations.
- Propose specifications and provide justification for analytical methods and specifications.
- Review experimental data, notebooks and instrument qualification protocols / reports.
- Actively participate in investigations, problem solving and troubleshooting. Write investigation reports.
- Prepare and present data summaries (written and oral) as necessary. Present to cross functional teams and effectively communicate critical analytical issues and solutions.
- Write, revise, develop and evaluate SOPs.
- Operate and maintain all analytical instrumentation and equipment as per established procedures.
- Communicate openly within the group to provide and gather information, to optimize the use of resources and to optimize efficiency.
- Provide coaching to junior staff members.
- Maintain good laboratory practices in compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
- Ability to work successfully in both a team/matrix environment as well as independently.
Education and Experience:
- BS with 15+ years or MS with 10+ years or PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of analytical chemistry, separation sciences, spectroscopy, and a variety of hands-on analytical techniques.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of industry guidance (GMP, GLP, etc.).
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical method development, validation and transfer.
- Understanding of risks in all aspects of method development, validation and transfer and the ability to use risk analysis and quality-by-design approaches.
- Ability to lead problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Skillful in HPLC, GC, dissolution, FTIR, UV, LC/MS, KF and wet chemistry.
- Knowledge of Waters Empower chromatography software and Waters online HPLC Automated Dissolution.
- Prior experience in finished dosage for the generic market.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
There are no direct reports for this position. However, this role will require the ability to coach junior colleagues in regulatory, project management and technical transfer.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, national origin, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: email@example.com. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
- Job Family Research & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Rhodes Technologies, 498 Washington Street, Coventry, Rhode Island, United States of America