Pharmaceutical Technician, Mfg Coating (1st shift)
and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, consumers and caregivers.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are important to our business and are articulated in our People and Culture strategy and represent an important component of our goals and objectives. As we build an exciting path forward, we strive to create an environment where everyone can bring their best and true self to work each day. Embracing different backgrounds, ideas, and viewpoints are valued and encouraged. We believe that Respect is grounded in our Values of Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other. Together we make an impact on our growth, our culture, and most importantly, patients.
The Pharmaceutical Technician will efficiently, effectively, and safely clean, set-up, and operate machinery in the manufacturing area while adhering to applicable cGMPs, SOPs, FDA, and DEA guidelines.
- Safely and in compliance with batch records and SOPs, set up, operate, and clean manufacturing (oral solid dose manufacturing may include rotor sieves, granulators, blenders, coaters, encapsulators, compression machines, etc.).
- Follow and adhere to Master Batch Records for the manufacturing and packaging of controlled, oral solid dose (OSD) and other dosage forms when required.
- Prepare raw materials, blends, and bulk accountability throughout manufacturing processes.
- Performs weight checks for incoming and dispensed materials ensuring compliance with established procedures. Operates scales including set-up, verification, leveling and challenging.
- Identify, report, and resolve quality issues.
- Perform in-process testing and inspections as required by Master Batch Record (weighing, tablet thickness, tablet hardness, friability, visual inspection, etc.).
- Clean and sanitize manufacturing and packaging rooms including walls, floors, and ceilings per SOPs.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the production of oral solid dose (OSD) forms, tablets or capsules with prior experience operating granulation equipment, 2-5 years preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, demonstrated mechanical skill, and experience in a similar regulated industry such as food processing and manufacturing, automotive, or chemical manufacturing.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General ability to perform basic to complex mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of the Metric System of Measurement.
- Ability to occasionally move, position, and maneuver materials, equipment, and/or components weighing up to 50 pounds
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
Hours of work/work schedule:
4-day/10.5 hours per day Monday- Thursday
- 1st shift: 6:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 2nd shift: 4:00 pm – 2:30 am
- Evening/Hybrid 3rd shift: 8:00 pm – 6:30 am
This position requires the ability to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, national origin, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
- Job Family Technical Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 4701 Purdue Dr, Wilson, NC 27893, USA