National Accounts Executive (NAE)
and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market medications and consumer health products to meet the evolving needs of healthcare professionals, patients, consumers and caregivers.
At Purdue Pharma and our subsidiaries, you have a unique career opportunity to work differently, uncover and seize new opportunities, and take a hands-on, ownership approach to your work. We go beyond traditional roles and find creative ways to extend our skills and interests, challenging ourselves to contribute in different, meaningful ways. We welcome the opportunity to have you on our team!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are driven by our purpose: Compassion for patients and excellence for science inspire our pursuit of new medicines.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are important to our business and are articulated in our People and Culture strategy and represent an important component of our goals and objectives. As we build an exciting path forward, we strive to create an environment where everyone can bring their best and true self to work each day. Embracing different backgrounds, ideas, and viewpoints are valued and encouraged. We believe that Respect is grounded in our Values of Integrity and Courage, underpinned by Innovation, and always in Collaboration with each other. Together we make an impact on our growth, our culture, and most importantly, patients.
Responsible for leading and managing business strategies with all Market Access customers to ensure Purdue’s (including its subsidiaries, Imbrium Therapeutics and Adlon Therapeutics) products are available to patients while achieving net financial goals. The NAE customer responsibilities includes: National and Regional Managed Care Organizations(MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers(PBMs), Closed Provider Pharmacies(CPPs), State Medicaid Administrators, Employer Coalitions and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs). NAE channel responsibilities include: Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, Federal, Long-term Care, and Self-insured Employers. Responsible for maximizing reimbursement and access to attain sales and other corporate goals within assigned accounts. Effectively manage business plans, clinical presentations, value messaging, and coordination with sales management. Provide national and regional payer and market perspective to cross-functional colleagues and business partners and collaborates with such partners to optimize corporate return-on-investment. Keeps Company abreast of shifting customer and market trends, competitive positioning, and other major factors that impact the long-term ability to achieve strategic business results and to position Purdue and its subsidiaries as trusted and innovative business partners. Builds enduring relationships with key customers including C-Suite Executives.
- Responsible for managing the performance of all assigned market access customers: Government(Medicaid/Medicare) and Managed Markets (PBM/MCO/Employer Groups/GPO/CPP).
- Responsible for securing access to our products and ensuring all actions align to corporate strategy. Accounts include Managed Care Organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Group Purchase Organizations and Employer Groups. Within these accounts, customers include, but are not limited to, pharmacy benefit managers, pharmacy and medical directors, formulary directors, clinical pharmacists, pharmaceutical contracting managers, case managers and C-suite executives.
- Prioritize activity with accounts to include: business reviews, clinical presentations, in-services, and marketing updates.
- Coordinate, implement and follow-through on all managed care contracts to ensure optimal formulary positioning of promoted brands.
- Maintain on-going relationships with all key contacts/customers within assigned accounts.
- Research and document competitive information for all competitive products within the marketplace. Provide updates to internal stakeholders as competitive intelligence is learned.
- For brands that have a sales team (i.e. non-opioids):
- Manage budget and expenses.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Candidate must have minimum of Bachelor's Degree (B.S., B.A., or B.S.N.) from a
four-year accredited college or university
- 15+ year Sales experience with a minimum 8 years pharmaceutical or specialty healthcare sales experience required
- Minimum 3 years of Managed Care account management, market access, and/or payer experience (Preferred)
- Expertise in the US Commercial payer, Medicare, and Medicaid markets
- Experience in Pain Management (Preferred)
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and experience in constructing, evaluating, and implementing strategies that drive profitable access.
- Account management and rebate contracting/negotiating experience is required.
- Ability to travel approximately 50-60% (2-3 nights per week on average) for internal and external meetings.
- Must have a strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly to diverse audiences in a variety of formats, including oral, written, and formal presentation. The position requires formal and informal presentations to internal and external customers. The NAE must be equally proficient in listening to and communicating with clinical /operational level stakeholders within assigned accounts.
- Must have a proven track record of building outstanding relationships with assigned customers and demonstrated results.
- Must have a strategic focus and the ability to identify key trends, customer needs, competitor pressures, financial data, and market analytics to develop short and long- range account plans that align with business objectives.
- Strong business acumen and strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of customer and industry reimbursement.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if Applicable)
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, national origin, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEO)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- USERRA Rights
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- E-Verify (English and Spanish)
- Right to Work (English and Spanish)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (English)
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (Spanish)
We strive to make our Career opportunities website accessible to all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require assistance accessing our careers website.
- Job Family Managed Markets Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- 201 Tresser Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, USA