GAHC Navigator (IN) Clinical Services
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health, and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
The Gender Affirming Hormone Care (GAHC) Navigator maintains up to date knowledge of and facilitates relationships with pertinent community resources. Provides referral coordination, insurance navigation and other support services for patients accessing the affiliate’s GAHC services. Provides education, information and resources to affiliate staff in support of GAHC patients. Provides community outreach and advocates for the rights of transgender, non-binary and intersex individuals in collaboration with the affiliate’s Education, Equity and Inclusion, and External Affairs representatives, as well as national federation partners.
This is a FT-hourly position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Centralized follow up team, provides patient support and follow up to address medication and resource needs of GAHC patients, generally through telephone, mail and patient portal communications. Specifically, assists patients and providers with insurance pre-authorizations and insurance denials, with preparing letters for gender marker change, name change and surgery and with referrals to community resources. Researches state policies regarding the rights of patients to access gender affirming care and utilizes this information when appealing denials of insurance coverage.
- Documents all aspects of care in patient’s electronic health record. Manages prior authorization and other pertinent tasks in EHR inbox in a timely manner.
- Provides ongoing consultation and support for Planned Parenthood health center, patient access center, and revenue cycle and training staff in support of care of transgender, non-binary and intersex patients of Planned Parenthood.
- Maintains and expands PPGNHI’s GAHC resource and referral lists, collates community resources, builds the referral network, and maintains up-to-date materials related to gender affirming services, care, and ancillary needs. . Enlists and coordinates the work of volunteers to gather and validate resource information.
- Participates in the GAHC workgroup with the GAHC clinical program co-directors, operations leads and other stakeholders to enhance the affiliate’s GAHC program.
- Provides assistance to the Training Department in development and delivery of ongoing training efforts related to GAHC, including expansion of services to Indiana and Kentucky
- Coordinates the external Transgender Advisory Committee, ensuring that broad geographic and racial/ethnic representation is achieved.
- Coordinates with External Affairs to ensure that PP is well represented in community events, tabling, conferences, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the Research Department to manage research projects related to GAHC, recruiting interns to support these projects and the GAHC program.
We’ll trust you to:
- Adhere to the PPGNHAIK code of conduct and all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Take action to support the affiliate’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Support and act in accordance with the PPGNHAIK customer service standards.
- Value continuous learning and seek ongoing training and development.
You’ll need to have:
- Education: High school diploma required. Bachelors and/or graduate degree in related field (counseling, social work, and chemical dependency) preferred.
- License/Certification: None required, Licensure as a professional counselor, social worker or associate preferred,
Extra points for:
- Experience with reproductive healthcare in a clinical office or hospital setting with knowledge of EMR
- Spanish-speaking *Bi-lingual employees may be eligible for an hourly premium*
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Our attractive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, as well as a retirement plan with matching contributions by employer. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click apply now below to submit an application and resume. Once your information has been reviewed by our recruitment team, we will reach out by telephone and email to schedule an interview for all qualified applicants. Please continue to check your spam folder for all email communications that may come from our organization.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
Racism deeply impacts the health and wellbeing of our communities, compounding existing disparities and creating intersectional barriers. We strive to name and address these barriers through community engagement and assessment, relevant and effective policy creation, and organizational accountability methods. We support initiatives that address all forms of oppression, however, maintaining an explicit focus on race is essential to advancing equity across our communities. Improving outcomes for people of color will improve outcomes for everyone.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA