Medical Assistant (IN)_Health Center - Sign on Bonus $2,000 - #PPH
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood Great Northwest, Hawaiʻi, Alaska, Indiana, Kentucky is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work.
In healthcare services, this means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional health center staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgment-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health, and well-being of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position:
The Medical Assistant provides support to patients and co-workers by performing a variety of clinical and administrative tasks in different areas of the health center.
This is full-time (37.5 hours per week), at our Georgetown Health Center in Indianapolis, IN. In addition to the sign on bonus the pay rate is $14.27 with a very generous benefit and PTO package.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing back office responsibilities as required by the health center; rooms patients; stock rooms; phlebotomy, injections, labs, patient educations; assists NPs, RNs, and MDs.
- Provides non-judgmental, client-centered care, and provides accurate information by answering questions and providing appropriate resources.
- Assists with optimizing patient flow to keep appointments on schedule.
- Establishes and prepares documents for patient records and patient services.
- Provides patients and co-workers with excellent customer service in all interactions and tasks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Value continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Take action to support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Value team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
You’ll need to have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or two years of experience in an office or medical setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other software applications; experience with electronic health records
- Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccinations and Proof of recent Influenza Vaccine is required prior to starting employment with PPGNHAIK.
Extra points for:
- Experience with reproductive healthcare in a clinical office or hospital setting with knowledge of EHR
- Spanish-speaking*Bi-lingual employees may be eligible for an hourly premium*
As part of our total rewards package, we offer meaningful work, promotional opportunities, and competitive compensation. Our attractive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, as well as a retirement plan. For additional information regarding compensation, pay scales, or total rewards, please reach out to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PPGNHAIK is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Indianapolis, IN, USA