VNW--Voter Engagement Specialist (HI)_Public Affairs
Why Planned Parenthood?
Working at Planned Parenthood is more than a job. It provides the opportunity to contribute to our powerful mission and perform meaningful work. In healthcare services, this means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional health center staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgment-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services.
As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. Specifically, we recognize that profound racism impacts the education, health and wellbeing of people in our communities and we are actively working to address all forms of oppression. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. People of color are strongly urged to apply.
About this position: Voter Engagement Specialist
The Voter Engagement Specialist (VES) will spend approximately 12 weeks at 15 hours per week building grassroots support for reproductive health and rights through direct voter contact and grassroots organizing. The VES will learn and apply community organizing tactics that lead to social change, such as engaging supporters and volunteers to conduct voter education through lit drops, over the phone, and through outreach at community events. The VES will work under the supervision of the Hawaii State Director. This is a temporary position.
This position is located throughout Hawaii. This position is including several nights and weekends. Gas/travel reimbursement will be provided for transportation when traveling outside of their regional location.
What’s in it for you:
The Voter Engagement Specialist will receive training and on-the-ground experience in public education and constituent mobilization. Former VES candidates who participated in Planned Parenthood’s organizing programs were able to gain the skills to work for political campaigns and well-respected progressive non-profit organizations. In addition to being a significant leadership development opportunity, the VES is a paid position.
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commitment and desire to educate and mobilize individuals around issues of reproductive health and rights
- Willing to cold-call and speak to strangers on behalf of Planned Parenthood and the work we do
- Team player and good independent worker
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based file sharing systems
- Live in or have proficiency in the assigned geographic area
- Access to reliable personal transportation is a necessity
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time is a necessity
- May require lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccinations and Proof of recent Influenza Vaccine is required prior to starting employment with PPGNHAIK.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Value continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Model diversity awareness
Value team work, flexibility and adaptability; embraces change
Equal opportunity employment:
PPGNHAIK is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support their retention and advancement within the organization. Justice is one of our core values, and we are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging.
- Job Function Non-manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Honolulu, HI, USA