Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Working in conjunction with the Platform HR Leader and the region site leadership teams, the Senior Human Resource Manager oversees the areas of personnel, employment law, payroll, benefits, safety and other related duties in the daily administration of the human resources department. Interacts with leadership to ensure the site has the personnel needed to maintain production and the safety of the plant supported.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
· Oversees the site Engagement Committee Activities to ensure they are aligned with the Platform Objectives
· Lead the effort to recruit and retain top talent through creative and sustainable selection and retention strategies in the region
· Oversee benefits administration, regular staffing issues, and employee records management
· Lead, in conjunction with other Platform Sr HR Managers, the New Employee Orientation Process
· Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits
· Review, change, create, implement, and enforce changes to policy as required by each state and the Corporation
- Ensure training of employees on appropriate topics based on position
· Make fair and consistent decisions based on legal and company policies
- Responsible for salaried payroll and hourly payroll; as needed for remote locations
· Function as main liaison with temporary staffing companies utilized by plant; as needed for remote locations
- Ensure timely, accurate preparation of weekly and monthly reports for internal and corporate use.
- Lead EH&S initiatives for the region in conjunction with EH&S on all plant safety initiatives as needed
· Assist Department Managers and Supervisors on employee related issues
· Investigate and review all documentation on disciplinary, employee performance, and termination matters; as needed for remote locations
· Identify weaknesses and threats to the organization and develop recruitment and training plans.
· Administer and train to the performance management process
· Manages departmental budget and participates in the development of goals and strategies for the department by collecting and analyzing financial and non-financial data; responsible for remote locations as well
· Advise managers on organizational policy matters
· Interfaces with Corporate HR Department on coordination of centralized tasks
· Meet with employees, vendors and other guests of the Company as required
· Assist other departments with audits as required/needed
- Actively participates on the Safety Steering Committee
Supervises exempt-level HR Generalists at multiple locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and possess the competencies listed below.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them; demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; discrete and maintains confidentiality of employee and organizational information
- Planning and Organizing: Proactive and takes the initiative to get work done; strong attention to detail, including ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize and manage projects through to completion; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
- Customer Focus: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “customers” and seeks to see things from customers’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with employees by gaining their trust and respect; identifies employees’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; keeps HR Business Partner informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline commitments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor Degree (experience in lieu of a degree may be considered)
- Seven year’s related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience; required
- Experience in Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with a Human Resources Information System, Time and Attendance and Ceridian Dayforce payroll processing is desired
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- PHR or SPHR certification; preferred
· Ability to maintain confidential information; required
Up to 25% - Travel to remote locations will be required
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, IN 46507, USA