Human Resources Manager
The HR Manager for Distribution is the human resources business partner with site and segment leadership. Ensure equitable and fair treatment for all team members.
This position provides quality customer service in staffing, compensation, employee relations, and everything related to employment; serves as the advocate for management and employees by fielding questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain compliance with, advise managers on, and communicate to employees, company policies, procedures and practices, and compliance with federal, state, local and company requirements.
- Plan and conduct all activities surrounding the entire team member life cycle from talent acquisition to onboarding, training and development, performance, coaching, exits, and all reporting associated with these steps for assigned segment group.
- Represent organization at HR related hearings and investigations; provide position statements.
- Promote, enroll and assist employees with all group benefit programs.
- Manage workers’ compensation claims, coordinating with the Corporate WC Manager.
- Manage leaves of absence, light duty, return to work, and accommodations.
- Administer time keeping system and either perform payroll, back-up payroll, or compile hours and send to Corporate for payroll processing.
- Conduct and participate in employee engagement, community involvement and team-building activities.
- All other HR generalist related duties as assigned.
May supervise one or more individual contributor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in a professional manner. Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients, customers, and job candidates.
Must possess ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where sometimes only limited standardization exists. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree with at least three to five years related experience and training.
- Employment law knowledge; required
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; required
- Ability to maintain confidential information; required
- Proficient computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office; required
- PHR or SPHR certification; preferred
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to heat and cool in the production environment. The noise level in the office environment is normally low and in the production environment is normally loud.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly is required to walk, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to operate basic office equipment (i.e. copier, computer keyboard, mouse and other computer technology require for job duties.
- Job Function Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Middlebury, IN 46540, USA