Assistant Manager, Bicycle Fleet
CitiBike, parent company of Motivate, LLC is looking for a detail oriented and strategic thinker to be the Assistant Manager of our Bike Fleet. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and managing the performance of the Mechanics. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for training and development of the team along with managing the quality control processes for bicycle repair.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 cities across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million riders this year alone. Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries and creative leaders our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
About the Role
- Oversee bike fleet production, including measuring performance against production -standards and overseeing quality control
- Manage performance of mechanics and supervisors through training, corrective action, and rewards/recognition programs
- Maintain inventory management processes, including inventory usage tracking, identification of replenishment thresholds, management of equipment and tools, and organization of assets (including bicycles) in depot.
- Streamline process for recovery and disposition of used parts/components
- Develop and maintain the bike shop schedule
- Maintain a training program for mechanics and supervisors
- Perform line management duties for staff, including oversight of time clock activity, PTO usage, etc.
- Perform all other, additional duties as assigned.
- You have a college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- You are detail oriented, highly organized and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience managing large scale inventory
- You have created and managed training programs for mechanical employees
- You are willing and able to work off hours and/or weekends.
- You have a high degree of judgement and thrive in a team environment
- You are always looking for creative solutions to problems and remain open to others' ideas
- You are excited by change and enthusiastically adapt in the work environment; manage competing demands; deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- You are dependable and trustworthy
- You are excited to work in bikeshare
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Previous transportation or logistics experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- You have previous experience working in a bike shop or within bike share company
If interested, apply TODAY or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish mission. Motivate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact [the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager].
- Pay Type Salary
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA