Motivate is looking for a detail oriented and ambitious Facilities Specialist to join the NY Facilities team. The Facilities team oversees facilities renovation and maintenance across our sites throughout the NY metro area while also being the champion for occupational safety for employees. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, your main focus day to day will be to provide cleaning and maintenance services, help complete minor repairs or installations, and troubleshoot site problems related to carpentry, minor plumbing, painting and wall repairs.
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Complete daily cleaning tasks assigned at some of our NY/NJ sites.
• Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
• Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
• Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects as needed
• Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
• Make adjustments and minor repairs
• Stock and maintain supply rooms
• Cooperate with the rest of the staff always with a pleasant attitude
• Follow all health and safety regulations
Repairs and Preventative Maintenance:
• Successfully respond and resolve ticket requests when assigned ensuring ticket closures are timely each week.
• Work with the Facilities Manager to identify repair needs and identify solutions that are cost-effective and practical.
• Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly site inspections as either preventative maintenance tasks or safety inspections as required.
• Assist facilities maintenance team with daily and/or weekly disinfection at key sites as directed.
o Complete the weekly disinfection checklist via iAuditor upon completion at each site.
• Assist facilities team with site start ups and site shut downs as needed including:
o Deep cleanings prior to launch date
o Miscellaneous organizing, painting, rubbish removal
o Provide backup support to the Facilities Manager to help ensure repairs or tasks are otherwise completed on time, on budget.
• You have experience as a handyman or have worked in a trade, and are comfortable working with hand tools.
• Must be a self-starter; you need to have initiative and take pride in your work.
• You must be punctual and have a clean driving record.
• Computer proficient.
• A construction background or holds a trade license.
• Experience in a supervisory position.
• Microsoft Excel knowledge is a plus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA